I need a good kick in the butt!

Options
Okay so in about 1 year I have lost 43.5 lbs. Now that I go back and look at it, that change has been in 9 months. I met with my trainer the first time 5 1/2 months ago having already lost 18 lbs, and have lost 15.5 lbs since.

I started out working out 2-3 times a week, I now do 5-6 times a week. I meet with my trainer on Mondays and do a combo of 30 or more minutes of weight training and about 30 minutes of cardio. Tuesdays I do a 50 min cardio class, Wed off, Thursday meet with trainer again, Friday 50 minute Cardio class, Saturday, 45 min Zumba and 15 min Yoga and then swim for an hour on Sundays.

I am getting VERY frustrated and discouraged. I still have 153 lbs to lose to get to goal and that scale is NOT moving very fast at all! Grrrr......

Suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

• susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz,
    I did not scour your food diary, but I did see your breakfast today and based ONLY on that I would encourage you to "clean up" your eating some. Start small if you like, but I would like to see you cut back and then delete processed meats and cheeses. They are really high in sodium.

I used to eat a lot of whole grains such as oatmeal, triscuits, and dried fruits. I found that when I switched my food to wetter food such as more veggies both cooked and raw and fresh fruits and cut back on the grains I lost more weight.

Liz, I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Fuhrman (http://www.drfuhrman.com/default.aspx). Listen to this mp3 of his about why diets don't work. See if you can get some encouragement from it: http://www.drfuhrman.com/voiceamerica/mp3s/fuhrman020707.mp3

You do incredibly hard workouts, too! Maybe you might want to cut back on the intensity if you are feeling worn out. Find ways to succeed that are not so drastic. I think if you shake up your diet intake you might get some good results. Just add LOTS more greens and veggies for starters!

I'm here for you Liz! Keep going.
    Susan xo
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a food scale. If you are eating more then you should you can exercise all you want but you will not lose. :flowerforyou:
  • Lostpounds2
    Options
    Weight loss is a slow one, it was also not overnight that we gained it either. This is a life change not a short term effort, one that must be done from now on. Think of each day as one day at a time, not as a length of time to lose x number of pounds. Eat as healthy as you can with each day of your calorie intake but save some calories for those foods you can not live without from time to time or you will feel deprived. I feel more defeated if I deprive myself of something I really want, so once in a while I go with it even if my weight loss will be slower in the long run.