Won't you be my friend... please???

Options
Hi All-

I'm new to MFP and sorely in need of some friends. I'm 31 and currently at 220 lbs at 5'8"... about the biggest I've been ever. I've been yo yo dieting for years... and I think the last time that I was comfy with my weight was after a stint in WW in college when I was about 175. I have a number of motivators this time including... but not limited too...

-I'm getting married in August to the love of my life... and darn it, I wanna see those clavicles in my wedding pics. I was at about 190 when I met DF and gained about 30 lbs of happy weight. Also, he's a vegetarian... so we eat a lot of vegetarian at home, which for him means carbs carbs and more carbs... with a sprinking of cheese. We need some healthier recipes that he will eat.

-I started snoring from the weight gain... and I'm driving my deario out of bed. Who wants to sleep in a cold lonely bed?

-We are having a biggest loser contest at work - and darn it... I'm competitive.

I'm sure many of you have been on the yo yo diet bandwagon. My hope is for a few friends, and we can all keep ourselves accountable... help pull me up when I fall of the wagon.

Can't wait to meet you!!!
-Meryl

Replies

• Evansmama29
    Evansmama29 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to be your friend. I definitely understand the wedding weight loss routine (done it twice - LOL). I'm trying to lose baby weight, but would love to help keep you motivated. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • elder4
    elder4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding: ) It sounds like you are on a good track! I am possitive you will do fantastic!!!!
  • magicsd77
    Options
    Congratulations, feel free to add me!
  • mmrkar
    mmrkar Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm a mommy of a 16 month old and still trying to lose baby weight! I've done the WW thing in the past also, but find MFP to be better for me.
  • BillFisha
    BillFisha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a request =)
  • Salukisazuki
    Options
    feel free to add me- Im new here too :)
  • merrylea
    merrylea Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thanks everyone... I'm looking forward to kicking *kitten* this year, winning at BL.. and looking smokin in that wedding dress. Also looking forward to seeing you guys lose it with me!