Personal Blender Recommendations

Options
Hi All,
I am looking into buying a blender to make smoothies, etc. that works well and will last a long time. I use my large Kitchen Aid blender now, with frozen fruit and yogurt to make them.
Magic Bullet? Cuisanart?
What are your experiences -- good, bad, or otherwise?
Thanks!
Kaye

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I think it is according to the $$ you want to spend.

I had a cuisanart, I do not feel like it worked as well and got things as smooth as I like, it also did not last that long.

I now have an Osterizer blender. The stainless one with one speed, on. It was not that expensive and it does exactly what I need it to do to make the perfect smoothies.

If you have the money, those vita mix ones are fantastic. I am going to get one if my Osterizer ever dies.

I also have the magic bullet to make sauces and other things (I got it as a gift from my aunt) I love that thing but since I have the big blender and typically make 2 smoothies at once, do not use it for them.
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    I initially used my very large Ninja, and it ROCKS, but it was proving to be too cumbersome and too big for my single-serving smoothies. I ended up buying this one: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Back-to-Basics-3-Speed-Brushed-Chrome-Personal-Blender-Express-BPE3BR/3609512?findingMethod=Recommendation:wm:RecentlyViewedItems

It blends right into a container w/ a handle, and it has a to-go lid, too. Much easier, and less dishes to wash. I've just used it a few times, and it seems to be great. I wouldn't get anything w/ less than a 300 watt motor, if you're blending frozen fruits and ice.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Stick with what you have, small blenders are limited, and you save money at the same time.
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I really like the shake n take. It's nice because you don't have to worry about cleaning up a blender and having more dishes. You just blend it up and take it with you!

http://www.amazon.com/Shake-n-Take®-Smoothie-Maker/dp/B00450IQ0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326902201&sr=8-1
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    Jcpenney has a great one for under 30$. Depending on the sales. I got mine for 12 :)
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Kaye.

I am the first to admit that I'm an appliance snob. But last summer I purchased the Kitchen Aid personal blender at Wal-Mart for $12. It has absolutely been the best purchase I've made for my kitchen - and MYSELF - in years! I bought it because I wanted to make sure I would use it, and didn't want to spend a ton of money in the event that my desire for smoothies was a passing thing.

Turns out, this little gem is AWESOME! I have used it nearly every morning since last June, and it hasn't missed a beat. It still makes very creamy smoothies in a snap. I NEVER find chunks or even little chips of ice in my glass. It's super easy to use, and a cinch to clean up. My 13-year-old son uses it nearly every day, as well. I can actually get him to eat a healthy breakfast now because it's so easy to use and clean up the blender. And he can take his smoothie with him as he walks to the bus stop.

So - I HIGHLY recommend it. They come in black, white and red. They're small - sized to make one smoothie at a time. And you can use the karaf as your cup, if you'd like.

The only drawback is that the karaf is not dishwasher safe. But in my house, we've gotten used to immediately cleaning up the blender as soon as we use it - takes about 2 minutes.

Give it a try!

-vjharp
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oops - sorry, Kaye.

The blender I purchased at Wal-Mart was Hamilton Beach. Here's a link:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Single-Serve-Blender-With-Travel-Lid/5924588

-vjharp
  • luckygirl007
    luckygirl007 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i have tried many blenders in the past with less than desirable results. I saved up my money and bought a Vita mix. It is large but I use it everyday. It makes the smoothest, creamiest smoothies I have ever had. I also use it to make fresh roasted tomato basil soup, mayonaise or anything else. Comes with an awesome cookbook. Other things I have made are fresh hummus. This blender has a 10 year warranty and literally breaks everything down to its cellular level, so green smoothies are the bomb. I know it is about $450.00 dollars but the investment is worth it if you really want to eat clean and healthy. And no I am not a spokesperson for vitamix just a happy consumer.