Resistance bands

Options
I do a lot of exercises with resistance bands, but I can't find anything in the database to log this. I'm not sure how to find out the calories burned or anything either. Is there really nothing in the database for this?

Replies

• LauraK216
    LauraK216 Posts: 104
    Options
    I do a lot of exercises with resistance bands, but I can't find anything in the database to log this. I'm not sure how to find out the calories burned or anything either. Is there really nothing in the database for this?
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I do the Gilad Cuts & Curves which uses resistance bands and hand weights. I burn approx. 500 calories in a 60 minute workout. I weigh 185 and am 5' 6" tall. Hope this helps. I also use med. resistance bands.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Yep, I think it depends largely on what you are doing with them. It's hard to gauge what others burn, so I would try to use an HRM or at least use a percieved exertion scale.

http://exercise.about.com/cs/fitnesstools/l/blperceivedexer.htm

once you get your perceived exertion, you can equate that to other exercises that have similar exertions. This is an estimate at best, but it's better then nothing. At least you can get an idea. But you must be cognizant of how much time you spend at each exertion level to really get any benefit from it.
  • LauraK216
    LauraK216 Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll check that stuff out!