Lose the FATTY by St PATTY 03/17/09

Options

Replies

• jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Im a failure ... i still havent lost anything... i blame it on the muscle mass i must be building from going to the gym soo much:indifferent:

Of COURSE that's it! Silly, Jackeh. :wink: You'll get there. You've done so great this far!

i will get there!!! something has got to give!!!
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    hi again girls, let me post here too cos there was no March 17th thread earlier (some of us are in Europe)... i have officially lost 11.5 pounds for the challenge instead of the 10 lbs i set as my goal, it has been incredible! what's the next challenge you said? :drinker:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    hi again girls, let me post here too cos there was no March 17th thread earlier (some of us are in Europe)... i have officially lost 11.5 pounds for the challenge instead of the 10 lbs i set as my goal, it has been incredible! what's the next challenge you said? :drinker:

:drinker: That is a wonderful success and your shoud be very proud of yourself!!!

We are working on the next one...it will be posted on here in a bit...glad you are staying with us for the next one!!! :flowerforyou:
  • purrrr
    Options
    I thought I read somewhere you are setting one for Easter? my both teams I'm on are slacking so I could use some extra motivation for sure... Easter is normally 2 weeks later for us (Orthodox Christian) but whatever the date you set, then I can use 2 extra weeks in case I haven't made it to my goal for the Catholic Easter :laugh:
  • Jess62889
    Jess62889 Posts: 15
    Options
    Its good to see everyone so happy about their weight loss! I want to be apart of the next challenge:)
  • Theresa35
    Options
    Its good to see everyone so happy about their weight loss! I want to be apart of the next challenge:)

Welcome :flowerforyou: it's a great group! Info for the next one will be out in a bit....

Everyone is soo excited for it...that's great!!! :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Im a failure ... i still havent lost anything... i blame it on the muscle mass i must be building from going to the gym soo much:indifferent:

Of COURSE that's it! Silly, Jackeh. :wink: You'll get there. You've done so great this far!

HMMMMM....how many calories are you eating in a day?
  • Theresa35
    Options
    Okay group, we have two possible names for our next challenge...please vote for your favorite.

Voting will continue through tonight to give everyone a chance and I will begin the new thread with the chosen name tomorrow morning....

1. Let's lose the Eggstra by Easter...

2. Less Fluff in our Stuff...

Let the voting begin....:drinker:
  • purrrr
    Options
    definitely voting for #1 fits perfectly the theme, #2 can be the challenge after that tho :tongue:
  • jackeh
    Options

my calories were set at 1500... but i went into the dr last week in hopes of getting some ideas on this... and he said lower my calories to 1200 which im not comfortable with so i instead put them at 1350... and i eat my exercise calories n all that... im hoping its cause i got a gym membership a month ago and, i am doing some weight lifting now that i am just building muscle the personal trainer i consulted with said give it 3 months, it will def start coming off then my body just needs to adjust to the muscle being built....
    but i do find it extreamly frustrating because the 59 pounds i have lost so far just basically melted off.. i only worked out 2 times a week doing zumba for an hour each time....so cardio...
    st00pid body lol
    jackie
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Good morning ya'll! :happy:

Well, starting weight for this challenge was 245.6lbs ----> this morning I was 240.6. So exactly 5 lbs LOST! Now, I know i'm STILL not out of the 240s yet, but I'm closer than I was when this challenge started. So YIPPIE! Thanks for all the support and motivation.

I agree with PURR on the challenge name --- Definitely #1 for this Easter challenge (which is only a few short weeks away) and then #2 to get us into the summer. :bigsmile:

Ya'll are great! Keep up the wonderful work and smiles you bring to my face. Thanks again! :flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Options

my calories were set at 1500... but i went into the dr last week in hopes of getting some ideas on this... and he said lower my calories to 1200 which im not comfortable with so i instead put them at 1350... and i eat my exercise calories n all that... im hoping its cause i got a gym membership a month ago and, i am doing some weight lifting now that i am just building muscle the personal trainer i consulted with said give it 3 months, it will def start coming off then my body just needs to adjust to the muscle being built....
    but i do find it extreamly frustrating because the 59 pounds i have lost so far just basically melted off.. i only worked out 2 times a week doing zumba for an hour each time....so cardio...
    st00pid body lol
    jackie

Hey Jackie...it sounds like your body has gotten very comfortable with where it's at...time for a big kick back into working with you on this journey...I'd say keep the cals where you have them, eat all your exercise cals, and really hit the CARDIO...HARD!!! You have made great strides thus far, you CAN do it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Options
    Good morning ya'll! :happy:

Well, starting weight for this challenge was 245.6lbs ----> this morning I was 240.6. So exactly 5 lbs LOST! Now, I know i'm STILL not out of the 240s yet, but I'm closer than I was when this challenge started. So YIPPIE! Thanks for all the support and motivation.

I agree with PURR on the challenge name --- Definitely #1 for this Easter challenge (which is only a few short weeks away) and then #2 to get us into the summer. :bigsmile:

Ya'll are great! Keep up the wonderful work and smiles you bring to my face. Thanks again! :flowerforyou:

Way to Go!!! :drinker: You are definitely on the right path...Keep up the good work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jackeh
    Options

st00pid body lol
    jackie

Hey Jackie...it sounds like your body has gotten very comfortable with where it's at...time for a big kick back into working with you on this journey...I'd say keep the cals where you have them, eat all your exercise cals, and really hit the CARDIO...HARD!!! You have made great strides thus far, you CAN do it!!! :flowerforyou:

im doing about 40 mins of cardio at the gym 4-5 days a week and 30 minutes of weights... maybe i should throw my zumba back in 2 times a week on top of that...
  • Theresa35
    Options

st00pid body lol
    jackie

im doing about 40 mins of cardio at the gym 4-5 days a week and 30 minutes of weights... maybe i should throw my zumba back in 2 times a week on top of that...

Hmm...well, it sounds like you are hitting the cardio...maybe switch up your routine, or shorten the time but increase the intensity...just some thoughts...
  • chrissyh
    Options
    change what you are doing for cardio maybe....add time, different machine - bicycle 1/wk, elliptical 1/wk, stairstepper 1/wk

Also - you could try to do a yoyo with your cals - 1200 one day, 1400 the next.

Boy it's so hard.....
  • chrissyh
    Options
    operabound way to go

I don't think #2 should be for summer we can be more summery than that....
  • kitikat
    kitikat Posts: 15
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I would love to join your challenge. I'm Kat and trying to lose weight for my oldest daughter's high school graduation and then a party for her/show off the renovations on our house. (we have been working on our 1904 hotel/apt/ now our house for 2yrs) I started with a program last month and have lost 9lbs so far. i'm very excited/motivated. I would love to lose another 10lbs in a month. :bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    kat - we'll be posting a new challenge for easter today - be looking for that link a little later on

we'd love to have you
  • Theresa35
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I would love to join your challenge. I'm Kat and trying to lose weight for my oldest daughter's high school graduation and then a party for her/show off the renovations on our house. (we have been working on our 1904 hotel/apt/ now our house for 2yrs) I started with a program last month and have lost 9lbs so far. i'm very excited/motivated. I would love to lose another 10lbs in a month. :bigsmile:

Welcome Kat!!! :flowerforyou: My oldest is graduating hs this year as well...what a special time :heart:

:drinker: Great job on the nine pounds...