St. Patty's Day Blues

Options
:drinker: I normally don't gripe on here, since my issue is SO small compared to the big issue, but here it goes. I'm just training hard, eating right and pretty much happy with things. However, I'm really bummed not to be living it up on St. Patrick's Day, having a beer and chilling. Plus I'm bummed that my good buddy moved away and the last few years, we've always celebrated together.
Yes, I could take one day off, but I'm in the middle of a training challenge that ends next week, so it will drive me nuts if that one day of fun would jeopardize my progress. I've had no soda, no fast food (which I don't really miss) and only one day of alcohol since Jan. and have practically eliminated starches/refined sugars from my diet. I so just want to kick back with a beer....which I know won't really make me feel good. :drinker:
I don't need people to tell me to just have a beer, or just do it, because I won't. I'm too focused on pushing it out for one more week. I'd just need a pick me up! Of course I want to go get my frustration out at the gym, but I need a rest day to avoid overtraining. (which I might break that promise just cuz I need to get out my stress!)
I know I can be strong, but I could use a hug! :blushing:

Replies

• sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I normally don't gripe on here, since my issue is SO small compared to the big issue, but here it goes. I'm just training hard, eating right and pretty much happy with things. However, I'm really bummed not to be living it up on St. Patrick's Day, having a beer and chilling. Plus I'm bummed that my good buddy moved away and the last few years, we've always celebrated together.
    Yes, I could take one day off, but I'm in the middle of a training challenge that ends next week, so it will drive me nuts if that one day of fun would jeopardize my progress. I've had no soda, no fast food (which I don't really miss) and only one day of alcohol since Jan. and have practically eliminated starches/refined sugars from my diet. I so just want to kick back with a beer....which I know won't really make me feel good. :drinker:
    I don't need people to tell me to just have a beer, or just do it, because I won't. I'm too focused on pushing it out for one more week. I'd just need a pick me up! Of course I want to go get my frustration out at the gym, but I need a rest day to avoid overtraining. (which I might break that promise just cuz I need to get out my stress!)
    I know I can be strong, but I could use a hug! :blushing:
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Since this is all you needed. *HUGS* :smooched:

Hope you have a wonderfully green St. Patty's Day! Maybe you could try some YOGA instead of weight training to help relieve the stress of today? Just a thought. :indifferent:

Anyway, I hope you have a great day. :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    or some kicka** kickboxing to lose some frustration....

Yoga is way to mellow for me

BIG HUGS for you!:smooched:
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options
    HAHA well I went out Sun night had 2 beers and woke up Mon morning 2 pounds lighter! Soo I am starting to think I got this whole fitness thing backwards :drinker: :laugh:

I'm just joking with that....serious you are doing great!! I (apparently) don't have the willpower to make a commitment like that.

Soo keep up the great work :flowerforyou: ohh and ***hugs*** too :smooched:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    plenty more slim and trim St Pattys days to come..dont mess up your hardwork for this one...Hugs:flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    {hugs}
    you are so dedicated, i love it! :drinker:
    i will not be partaking today either, but i did that this weekend so therefore i just cant. i have a different mentality than you but we are all different here. my thought is, i have to enjoy myself from time to time and i will. life is too short. your dedication is very commendable and i appreciate you posting this. even though you were 'venting' just showing us how you wont sway from your plan is great to read about.

hope you make it a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • brandyjan
    brandyjan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ((((((((((((Sporty))))))))))))))
  • sportygal
    Options
    Thanks for all of your support! I made it through the day and relaxed and got some things done. I appreciate all the {{{hugs}}}} and my blues are gone! :flowerforyou:
    Have a great day and evening!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    want a get drunk???????????????

come on the hell with all this working out
  • sportygal
    Options
    Working out is more of a buzz!