Soooo - which do you appreciate more: "great burn" or honest

Options
2»

Replies

• suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I agree that honest is best, BUT, I am extremely new to working out (week 2) and I love the "atta girl's" I got when I logged my first 30 minute 500 cal burn zumba session. I realize that for a lot of you...that's mediocre....1000+++ would be more deserving, but for me...to hear my pals tell me they noticed my effort was very supportive and it motivated me to go at it the next day, then the next, and so on. It's definitely all relative...what you may feel is a lackluster effort may be ALL the effort a 400lb person with bad knees could give.
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I agree that honest is best, BUT, I am extremely new to working out (week 2) and I love the "atta girl's" I got when I logged my first 30 minute 500 cal burn zumba session. I realize that for a lot of you...that's mediocre....1000+++ would be more deserving, but for me...to hear my pals tell me they noticed my effort was very supportive and it motivated me to go at it the next day, then the next, and so on. It's definitely all relative...what you may feel is a lackluster effort may be ALL the effort a 400lb person with bad knees could give.

I am not saying anyone's effort is mediocre at all! When I started out 6 months ago (also with a bad knee), 200 calories was the best I could give! At this point, that's has just changed and I find many mfp just throw out a "great workout" or "awesome" even when I post a short walk and not my norm higher burns. I think it's awesome to check in and say "hey - how are you? Hope you can really rock your workouts this week!" This is something I am going to strive to do for my peeps. I love encouraging and being encouraged. I just especially appreciate honest encouragement rather than going down the line commenting "awesome" on everyone's page just because they logged something.

In response to "needing" mfps, I ABSOLUTELY DO! I would not "friend" anyone if I didn't need them! I hope my pals need me as much as I need them! This motivation is the key to success for me or I wouldn't have posted! :)
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i try to be honest in my comments, i think as a 'friend' on here, saying WTG on a bad diary for example, is encouraging someone to fail, and if it was a real life friend i would try to help as much as i could. some people dont take any notice, but at least i tried!
    i wasnt feeling like going to the gym this morning, and one of my friends said 'get your *kitten* to the gym' - i was really glad she did i managed to run my first 5k, so honest comments all round for me :)