6 meals a day

Options
2»

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    If it works for you, it's good, right?

I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks, and also have a few items that are low enough in calories I would consider them "free" and I will have them if I am hungry between snacks sometime (celery, cucumber, grapefruit, etc.) I like to eat late, so I tend to save more calories for evening snack than midmeals.

I notice, paradoxically, that I tend to eat more/want snacks more when I am sitting at my desk all day than when I am active all day, like on a weekend.

Pam
  • nikolaim5
    nikolaim5 Posts: 233
    Options
    I think it is a good idea if it helps you keep from going over your calories. I just started easting 6 times a day because Dr. Oz preaches it. I thought it would be hard but its not. The hard part is finding healthy snack for when I am running around doing errands. Today I made a protein shake and split it in half, half for my morning snack half for my afternoon snack and it is really good, taste like a strawberry milk shake! Good luck and let us know how it works out for you!

Sarah

OZ preaches a lot. Some good, some bad, some unnecessary.. such as eating 6 times a day. Your total intake is what matters. If you find it easier to eat 3 or 4 times then do that. It will "work" better for you because it's easier for you and thus you'll be more consistent with it. It has absolutely nothing to do with how often you eat.
  • twotone74
    twotone74 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just asking, cause I had almost the same problem. Was always hungry and then started eating smaller snacks all day long. What kept me longer full, was snacking cottage cheese, greek joghurt, cheese, tunafish etc. pretty much anything with lots of protein. The carbs did not keep me full for long. Over time I ate more and more protein and less carbs. Now I am back to 3 meals a day with sometimes 2 snacks. Maybe that works for you too.

Yeah i tried readjusting my number and everything else but it still stays with 2250, I don't know if this is wrong maybe it's fixated on my lowest weight which was 325, but yeah it seemed kind low for a while.
  • twotone74
    twotone74 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If it works for you, it's good, right?

I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks, and also have a few items that are low enough in calories I would consider them "free" and I will have them if I am hungry between snacks sometime (celery, cucumber, grapefruit, etc.) I like to eat late, so I tend to save more calories for evening snack than midmeals.

I notice, paradoxically, that I tend to eat more/want snacks more when I am sitting at my desk all day than when I am active all day, like on a weekend.

Pam

That is what i run into because i sit in a cubicle all day, and then get to workout at night.
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    When people say "find what works for you", what they really mean is, "find what you LIKE doing". For example eating 2500 cal a day spread over 1 meal or 6 meals will both work the same for everyone but eating more often will be more convenient for most.

Exactly!