Eating on the Road

My job requires me to travel every other week or so. With this said, are there any suggestions on what i could eat while on the road that won't create a set back for me every time I come home. I try to be as cautious as I can, but I am far from perfect. I know that soups at restaurants are super high in sodium and the salads are far from healthy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 856 Member
    are you gone for days at a time or just day trips? when i have had to travel away for several days, i brought a small cooler and went to the local grocery store and bought a few things. (lean deli meats, snacks, cheese, nuts, etc)

If i am out of my office all day, i bring a canned soup, a protein shake, or a protein meal bar.

As for eating out, check the menus online before you go, many places post nutritional information on their website. This will of course help you be more informed but also stray from temptation because you dont even need to look at the menu when you get there.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Burger King has a veggie burger, with out cheese or mayo,its 330 calories, you can also get a side salad instead of fries and water.

Many fast food places have a grilled chicken sandwich, I think McDonalds even offers a whole wheat bun. You can also get the chicken on salads at Mickey Dees and Chick filet.

Chipotle= YUM! If you get a bowl instead of a burrito, you save around 200 calories.

Most grocery stores even have pre made salads at their deli counter now.

Its all about the choices we make. I find that if I am not starving I make better choices. So it is good to have a few of those nature valley nut bars or a couple 100 calorie packs in the car. When you start getting hungry, eat a snack.