MFP Runners Club: 3/17/09

Options
Great weather for a run. I did 4.5 miles outside. Longest run since I've gotten back to running. Looking for a race to train for as I tend to do better if there is a goal in mind.

Replies

• duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Great weather for a run. I did 4.5 miles outside. Longest run since I've gotten back to running. Looking for a race to train for as I tend to do better if there is a goal in mind.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No running for me today. Did an early morning spinning class instead.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    4 miles this morning! :drinker:

Tried picking up the pace last 1/4 mile or so so I can work on my time a bit. It's hard.... :embarassed:

Happy running, all! :smile:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Tried picking up the pace last 1/4 mile or so so I can work on my time a bit. It's hard.... :embarassed:

I hear ya Shannon, it's like that when I am trying to catch up with someone in my running group that is ahead of me. They always seem to get further ahead and I seem to be really out of breath!
  • Shannon023
    Options

I hear ya Shannon, it's like that when I am trying to catch up with someone in my running group that is ahead of me. They always seem to get further ahead and I seem to be really out of breath!

:laugh: I do that too.

I look for a cute guy butt or fat woman butt & try to catch up! :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • horstboys5
    Options
    Argh- I had a post all ready to go and then lost it. Well, here we go...I ran 5K this morning and it felt pretty good. My husband just started running and can already run 3 miles fairly easily. He was an all american wrestler in College- funny how he can jump right back into being an athlete in a week and it takes me so long to run 3 miles easily! Men! This morning I ran alone with my ipod. It was great to listen to music and have time to think and pray about things. I am new to MFP and would like to train for the rock n roll half marathon in VA Beach over Labor day. When i'm running the 3 miles I can't quite imagine going another 10. Any suggestions to prepare for this. I'd also love to lose about 7 lbs. My body is comfortable at this weight but I see areas that could use some help! I am 40 and have 5 boys and am hoping to adopt a little girl soon. I'm also a WAHM with Arbonne being a VP for 4 years. Great to meet everyone!

ps- I can't quite figure out how to use my ticker!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Argh- I had a post all ready to go and then lost it. Well, here we go...I ran 5K this morning and it felt pretty good. My husband just started running and can already run 3 miles fairly easily. He was an all american wrestler in College- funny how he can jump right back into being an athlete in a week and it takes me so long to run 3 miles easily! Men! This morning I ran alone with my ipod. It was great to listen to music and have time to think and pray about things. I am new to MFP and would like to train for the rock n roll half marathon in VA Beach over Labor day. When i'm running the 3 miles I can't quite imagine going another 10. Any suggestions to prepare for this. I'd also love to lose about 7 lbs. My body is comfortable at this weight but I see areas that could use some help! I am 40 and have 5 boys and am hoping to adopt a little girl soon. I'm also a WAHM with Arbonne being a VP for 4 years. Great to meet everyone!

The only thing I can suggest is to just get out there & get the miles in. (Brilliant, huh?) :ohwell:

When I'm training for my 1/2 I make Saturday my long distance day. I'll run 7 miles for a couple weeks, then 8...etc...

Welcome & good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do an easy 3.5 mile run along with a spin class and some lifting
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    4 miles and weight lifting today! :heart:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I hit the TM early today, but now the weather is gorgeous!!!

It was a speedwork day and it's easier to run fast on the TM. 5 mile run... with 8 x 400 @ between 8.0- 8.2 (7:30- 7:19 pace). then 600 yd swim.

Pulling my road bike out and going for a spin in a bit too, can't handle being inside on such a gorgeous day! :bigsmile:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Check out the 1/2 M training programs on runnersworld.com or the FIRST program (if you can't find the FIRST, check with jessmomof3 and she can probably connect you - good program!

Run 6 x 800 intervals (sort of fast) for track Tuesday 5.25 miles total. Great day for running.
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Check out the 1/2 M training programs on runnersworld.com or the FIRST program (if you can't find the FIRST, check with jessmomof3 and she can probably connect you - good program!

Run 6 x 800 intervals (sort of fast) for track Tuesday 5.25 miles total. Great day for running.

Yep, that's what I'm using. runnersworld.com and it's under FIRST program. 3 days a week of running.

Looks like we ran almost the same thing today! :bigsmile:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    It was a speedwork day and it's easier to run fast on the TM. 5 mile run... with 8 x 400 @ between 8.0- 8.2 (7:30- 7:19 pace). then 600 yd swim.

Whoa, Jess... You are a fast woman!

Last night I did 4 miles in 33:43 - in a range from 6.8 mph - 7.5 mph over the course of the run. I'm planning to run a 4-mile race in early April, and I'd like to run it in 33:20 or less - 7.2 mph.

My long-term goal is to get down to an 8:00 pace for runs of 10K or shorter distances, which is pretty much all I do, as I've injured myself twice when training for longer races.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I did 7 miles this morning and about 20 minutes of lifting after. I was tired again today... wonder what's up with that! My baby had his 6 month check up yesterday and had to get shots, so he was kind of unsettled. I think it's harder on me than him though! I was up half the night checking on him. Oh well, tomorrow is another day! Happy St. Patty's!!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Whoa, Jess... You are a fast woman!

Last night I did 4 miles in 33:43 - in a range from 6.8 mph - 7.5 mph over the course of the run. I'm planning to run a 4-mile race in early April, and I'd like to run it in 33:20 or less - 7.2 mph.

My long-term goal is to get down to an 8:00 pace for runs of 10K or shorter distances, which is pretty much all I do, as I've injured myself twice when training for longer races.

Thanks! I'm working on speed again. I LOVE speedwork, but had an achilles injury for a while so I had to limit the speedwork. Now that I'm feeling healthy again I'm itching to go fast! :bigsmile: You're doing great!! I'mm sure you will hit those goals. I'm just going for about an 8:52- 9:00 pace for my half marathon, but I'd love to do some faster 5K and 10K's this summer! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    And... I did get out for a 13 mile bike. It felt awesome to get back on the bike!! Really windy but sunny and warm!! :bigsmile:
  • bigdawg62
    bigdawg62 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone. I did an easy 3 miles this morning and did a 750 meter swim this evening. Going to run 7 miles in morning.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    When is your half?

I'm going to try another 4 miles tonight with the goal of getting my speed up to 7.0 mph in the first mile and 7.2 mph in the first 2 miles... I love how the treadmill lets me engineer my run. :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    When is your half?

I'm going to try another 4 miles tonight with the goal of getting my speed up to 7.0 mph in the first mile and 7.2 mph in the first 2 miles... I love how the treadmill lets me engineer my run. :smile:

I have one April 11th and one May 2nd. I know, I love the treadmills for speedwork! Great job!