Good crackers?

Options
I know I should generally stay away from carbs, and I'm doing fine staying away from heavy breads and such. But I really like hummus, low fat cheese/spreads, etc...what is a good cracker to pair with these that you can suggest for me? Mind you, I live in a very small, rural area...there is nothing here but a small grocery store and wal-mart, ha! Thanks!

Replies

• TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    NutThins
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    pretzels.... if you get the small little sticks you get 48 for 100 cals. I buy Kroger pretzel sticks.
  • jackieb1977
    jackieb1977 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ooo good topic i love humous and unfortunatly bread although have managed to stay off it, but it not so great with carrot sticks so if any one knows of any low cal crackers i would be interested too lol.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat Ritz? I'm not much of a cracker gal...I like to dip veggies in stuff instead.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Rosemary and Sea Salt Wasa Thins are my favorite. And any Wasa crackers give you quite a bit per serving.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's All-Bran crackers are the best tasting crackers I've ever eaten. And they are high in fiber.
  • Kevww1982
    Options
    I use to eat hummus with pita bread or some flat bread but I got on a health kick and started using baby carrots. The are really good I use to not like carrots but now I love them. You can also cut up a cucumber.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots!
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Reduced Fat Wheat Thins! They're delicious!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Why should you stay away from carbs? I am limiting mine, but I have specific health reasons for doing so. Do you? Or do you just think carbs make you fat? Calories make you fat, not carbs. Have some crackers if you want them.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Triscuits
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots is a really good idea! But since you are in a rural area I'd say triscuits are good. You'd have to stay within the serving size, but they're fairly big and would be filling for a snack with hummus. They have all kinds of flavors.
  • jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    34 Degrees, 120 cals and 25 carbs for 20 crackers
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Kashi Pita Chips give you some protein and fiber and taste great.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Triscuits

Yup! The Rosemary and Olive Oil flavor are amazing. :)
  • DMRN0125
    Options
    the Back to Nature Stoneground Wheat Flax Crackers are delicious! They taste like a nuttier version of a Ritz cracker and are so much healthier.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Ohhh no. I was coming here to recommend garlic Kavli, this whole grain crispbread that is AWESOME. It is thin enough to give you a crisp, chip kind of feeling, but capable of carrying off toppings, too. I doubt WalMart has it. :( Maybe you could look on amazon.com?
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    special k cracker chips are 27 chips for 110 cals.

Not sure how they are for dipping though, they are thicker than a chip, thinner than a cracker.
  • jreimund
    Options
    Why should you stay away from carbs? I am limiting mine, but I have specific health reasons for doing so. Do you? Or do you just think carbs make you fat? Calories make you fat, not carbs. Have some crackers if you want them.

Sorry, I am "limiting" carbs...and sugar...I am having crackers, just looking for something with a little more nutritional value. Thanks :)
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    special k multi grain crackers
    serving size 30 grams-about 24 crackers
    calories =130
    protein -3g
    fiber -3 g
    taste really good!