Help with Lunch Decision

Options
Okay so last week i had a bad cold and only worked out twice, and was not good food wise over the weekend. I have been fighting horrible cravings for the last few days and now i am faced with eating lunch out today, because i forgot my lunch on the kitchen counter this morning.

I am really craving Jimmy Johns Turkey Tom sandwich with Salt & Vinegar chips which i have not had in months. I really want this and the breakdown is about 800 calories and 35 grams of fat. If i go for a walk after eating and work out hard tonight in the gym for an hour is it okay to indulge?

I know I am trying to talk myself into it by coming up with all this stuff, and I have been so good up until i got sick last week. :explode:

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Okay so last week i had a bad cold and only worked out twice, and was not good food wise over the weekend. I have been fighting horrible cravings for the last few days and now i am faced with eating lunch out today, because i forgot my lunch on the kitchen counter this morning.

I am really craving Jimmy Johns Turkey Tom sandwich with Salt & Vinegar chips which i have not had in months. I really want this and the breakdown is about 800 calories and 35 grams of fat. If i go for a walk after eating and work out hard tonight in the gym for an hour is it okay to indulge?

I know I am trying to talk myself into it by coming up with all this stuff, and I have been so good up until i got sick last week. :explode:

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't induldge. Since you didn't eat well over the weekend your body now wants junk! Ask yourself why you really want this food. It sounds like me when I'm emotionally eating.
  • nickelmel
    nickelmel Posts: 87
    Options
    :happy: I think since you're craving it you should get it! Maybe get the sandwich with no chips or get the sandwich and chips but only eat 1/2 of each and throw the rest out. I know we don't like to throw things out but it will be better for you in the long run! Then at least you'll have some and kick this craving and get back on track!

Good luck! :tongue:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It would take me 90 minutes of hardcore cardio to burn that. Is it worth it to you? If it was me, I'd eat half of it and save the rest for another day.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I agree, this doesn't sound like a good plan. Is there an alternative? Turkey, tomato, lettuce, etc on whole wheat? Maybe have cheese but skip the mayo and chips? Or a cup of soup with a salad?

Look back and see what did you eat for lunch when you were doing well?

When I go off and do something crazy it is harder to jump back in but by writing to us and asking I think deep down your really want to do the right thing. Maybe with having been sick you are just too tired to make that good decision yourself, so let us help you.

"No!" Choose something good for your body. Something your body needs to heal and repair after your illness.

Hope you are 100% soon.
  • ohrscarlet
    Options
    I would fight the craving think how good you will feel about yourself for resisting temptation.:smile:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I think that is why i posted here, so everyone could kick my butt to do the right thing. You are right, i think i will stick to the subway sandwich and baked lays chips which are 410 calories and 7 grams of fat. A lot better than the 800 calories and 35 grams of fat at Jimmy Johns.

Thanks for the help and the kick in the pants to do the right thing.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    just make a turkey sandwich at home and have a serving of chips with it. it'll come in at like 500cals instead...