What makes you lose your motivation?

Options
At the moment I am really in the zone of eating healthy and exercising lots, as I have been around this time of year for the past couple of years. I was trying to figure out what changed in the year to bring me out of the healthy zone. I have been thinking and I can't say there was anything particular (although will say even when I am out of it, I still exercise).
I can't say it was stress or boredom or any of the usual reasons, so why is it, I Iose my focus? I really hope I don't this year!

Replies

• NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Don't see it as a diet, see it as a lifelong lifestyle choice. If you stop you will return to your old habits. If you see it as the way you will be eating for your whole life, it becomes part of you. Make it your last time, all it is about changing your relationship with food.
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't see it as a diet nor do I find it hard to stick to because I like eating healthy and being fit, I just seem to lose my way somewhere
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I lose my motivation when the scale doesn't move. I know that when I am on point, and eating right that I'm doing everything I can possibly do to lose the weight, however, I have a condition that makes it harder for me than some others, I know this, and it should matter, but at the end of the day, if the scale isn't moving, it's definitely a frustration, I can logically tell myself, it's okay, it will move eventually, but it takes so long, I feel like I'm killing myself for no results.

I am really trying to work through those difficult days and not lose my motivation.
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think I am the same, I am motivated by the scale, last year although I exercised a lot I was doing the wrong exercise which didn't help me lose weight.
    I have recently had a hormone implant and have mixed my exercise routine up which means I am seeing a weight loss so I am hopeful I will stay focused this year
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    At the moment, nothing. It's a part of what I do now and I'm not going to allow myself to get back where I was before.
  • ashleylynnexo
    ashleylynnexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When the scales doesn't move, which is my problem recently. I either eat just enough or way too much. I have a cheat day every Saturday to prevent binges and I'm wondering if this is the problem, but I am pretty sure if I didn't have a day where I could go up to 2100 calories I would binge like a lot. :( I'm only 20 and when I was around like 16 I lost weight without even dieting, all I had to do was exercise. Kinda scared to try it again, I don't know what 4 years older changes lol.
  • carriecarrot
    carriecarrot Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I lose my motivation when it comes to food that is difficult to calculate calories for such as entrees at American-Japanese and -American-Chinese restaurants. I love eating at those places but I never know how much I am eating because information on the internet is limited and there are a lot of ingredients used such as thickeners, oils, cooking wines, etc