Sort of new! Hi!

Options
Hi, my name is Kristen. I am 28 years old and am in need of getting back to a healthy lifestyle. I joined this website around the holiday season of 2010 to keep up with my weight loss, but I found out in February that my fiance and I were expecting our first baby!! I had my son on November 3, and am ready to drop all this baby weight! My main motivator for losing weight is to be healthy for my son. I want to be able to keep up with him once he starts getting active and I plan on being in his life for a very long time! I am currently around 223 lbs and wearing a size 16. My goal is to be a size 6 by my wedding (September 20, 2013), but my fiance's sister is getting married this September and I would like to get back to at least a 10/12 by her wedding, so I'm not the only fat bridesmaid standing up for her! Vanity is a powerful reinforcement!! Thanks for listening to me, and hopefully someone will be able to help me if I have any questions or need some helpful ideas to keep me motivated! I also hope I can help others as well in their journeys to healthier lifestyles!

Replies

• Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby!!!

I've had 3 babies, and after each one I gained and kept weight on. (My youngest son is 10 yrs old) Was 230 lbs at my heaviest in 2001. I lost 95 lbs from 2002-2003. I've actually gained back about 15-20 of those lbs in the last 5 yrs, so that's why I'm here. But i've definitely been in your shoes!

Welcome and friend me if you want to!

~Chris
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Just like Boingo1 I've have three children, so I've been through the post-pregnancy weight loss thing. You have some good goals with definitive dates to hold yourself to. You can do it! Friend me for support.