Eating too many calories at night

Options
Hi Guys,

I have had a really busy day at work. I have over 1000 calories left due to a really low calorie lunch, no snacks and a good gym session. Is it ok to eats lots tonight to eat my calories for the day? Or should I leave some calories for another day?

Thoughts?

Sandrea

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's okay.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Eat until you're not hungry, but do make sure to eat more tomorrow.
  • fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandrea, It should be okay as long as you are staying within your range. My only concern is eating so many calories right before going to bed, that may not be such a good thing. However, I know people who actually save their calories for the end of the day because they tend to eat more at night and still consistently get results. I would definitely watch my progress and go based on that. As far as carrying your calories over, I would say that you can try eating more on the days you work out and less on the days you don't to work around your schedule. If you workout most days of the week, then carrying over the calories won't be such a good idea.
  • Dnc2Luz
    Dnc2Luz Posts: 33
    Options
    I'd still try to pick a balanced diet. Do you exercise in the evenings? There are different schools of thought on what types of foods to eat before and after exercise. Currently I am going with carbs before and poteins 20 min after exercise. So, what I'd do is break the evening up with 2 meals exercising in between. My sister has does this during the week. She has no time on the job eating a light lunch and breakfast. Think about some shake powders for your busy days. It would give you some protein. Just a thought.
  • particleastro
    particleastro Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Its a well peddalled fitness myth that calories eaten at night immediately turn to fat. However, that doesnt mean eat any old calories. If you fit an average profile then stick to a good spread of nutrients, proteins, fats and carbohydrates, and try and make it whole foods.

Regards,
    J.
  • paleojamie
    Options
    don't think you should eat at night due to potential digestive issues ... eat around 4 hours before bed!