what do you think??

Options
At one point in my life I was 230 lbs. That was the highest I have ever been. I am wondering if it might be more motivating to have my starting weight start there instead of starting with where I am at now 163?? I still have a decent chunk to lose but it might be more motivating to see that I am nowhere near where I used to be. What do you guys do? Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,969 Member
    Options
    If it helps, sure.
  • jlr_12
    jlr_12 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If you put your starting weight up, wouldn't that effect the calorie goal that MFP gives you? Unless you can change that manually?
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    do what you have to do to motivate yourself. i agree with the previous post about it possibly altering your calorie goals, etc. maybe you can make a poster to hang on your refrig that says how much you've "really" lost and keep MFP with your current weight as the starting point.
  • kimray75
    kimray75 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about doing the same exact thing, Lara!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Well I switched it just because I am so certain that this is my last time. I want to see where I have come from. It hasn't affected any of my calories or goals so I just did it. Go for it Kim. I want to see where I NEVER want to be again. That is motivating within itself I think. I also like seeing the kilos I have left to lose in my ticker instead of the total. I also changed from pounds to kilos in order to not have such an emotional reaction one way or the other.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    oh and thanks for the feedback. I like kilos also because not only are the numbers less than pounds, the fluctuations are not as large, and it makes me feel like I have less to lose. Can't wait to get to the 10, 9, 8, 7...... countown.
  • CenlaCoach
    Options
    If it motivates you, then you cant go wrong!!! Now I dont use my heaviest weight only because that was 3 years before I really started to get serious about my weight loss. So I use the weight that I was when I actually committing to this journey and never looked back. 144 pounds now and hopefully 145 at the end of this week. That is when I will update my ticker.