Up with Self Love!

Options
I read in a thread just now that someone looks at her previous 'fat-pics' and feels so disgusted with herself that it motivates her to not snack no sweets.

Whatever floats your boat, of course, but reading that saddened me. I have had a twisted sense of self-image my whole life. I've always been larger than my friends, though at one point was supremely fit, and still was big.. I never thought I was pretty until I turned 19, and it was at my heaviest, at that point, that I realized I WAS pretty. Holy crap!

It takes an awful lot of self-loathing to WANT to change. In my opinion, it takes an awful lot of self-love TO change.

This thread is about the self love. It's about sharing your reasons for wanting to lose the weight, but only positive responses, please.

This thread is also about the little victories, the small things you've done, in the spirit of self-love, whether weight related or not.

My New Year's Resolution was to take better care of myself 'as a whole', rather than just losing weight, or whatever.

So, my small little self-love actions:

1) Actually removing my makeup every day, and washing my face & moisturizing at night.
2) eating better.
3) Exercising more.
4) Making lunches at home, rather than buying them at work.

Things like that.

up with the self-love!

Replies

• 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, it takes an awful lot of self-love TO change.

:drinker: Excellent post!
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My little accomplishments:

1. Using hard-core housework as exercise. :happy: Not only am I burning calories, but my house is SO much cleaner. (I'm not talking about folding a blanket and wiping the counter. I'm talking daily vacuuming, etc.)
    2. Getting up early to make (healthy) breakfast every day. This also gives me enough time to actually care about how I look when I walk out of the house.
    3. Cooking good food instead of getting take out all the time. It allows be to be creative, eat better, AND save money!
    4. Today, I made it to my fourth floor office using the stairs. :drinker:

Great thread!
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Bumping this. :)