CRAVINGS - LADIES ONLY

Options
OK - ladies - its that time of the month and can you say CHOCOLATE???? Its bad enough that I have 2-3 lb weight gain! I have Serious cravings for chocolate, salt, whatever I can get my hands on. I've tried really hard today to be good although I ate a few mini musketeers from the candy bowl today- hoping that would help. What are your suggestions to keep from bingeing and messing up everything I'm working for so I don't have to start at square 1??

Replies

• giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea is great for sugar cravings and I just bought (drinking right now lol) decaf chai tea... Makes me full and it's so yummy!! I too am in my craving anything stage lol. I always crave cheese... I actually hate chocolate. How about if u try drinking sugar free hot chocolate?
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    I have a hot chocolate k-cup with whip pretty much every evening after dinner. <100cals
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I personally eat it.. and then workout so I have the calories to cover it!

Today I did weight lifting while on my period.. and was starving! So I def. had some chocolate to make up those calories!
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have to second the hot tea, I've got my kettle on now for some Caramel Chocolate Chai :heart:
    Also, you might want to try a multivite if you don't normally take one, or add a little calcium / iron / magnesium to your diet / suplements. Ive noticed that when I remember to take mine I feel less like shoving all the foods in my face at once.

Also:
    http://www.naturopathyworks.com/pages/cravings.php
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Don't hold back too much. If you can just eat a couple little pieces, it's really not that bad. If you keep your body from what it craves all the time, you'll end up binging big time. I usually have 1-2 squares of dark chocolate and that tides me over. But I also work that into my daily calories and I workout. It's not a bad thing.

Peppermint tea is really good for cravings and it's good for your tummy in general (helps headaches too). I also like it cold. Sweet Chamomile can be really good too, but I recommend that one closer to bed time as it's meant to relax you. You could also try some chocolate almond milk or sugar free ice cream (dryers makes one that is 100 cal for 1/2 cup - super creamy). Or there's a few recipes on here for protein ice cream. :)

There's a lot you can do, but having a little chocolate won't hurt you. And if you like dark chocolate that's even better. :)
  • Jadesfattorment
    Options
    I have had this problem really bad these last few days, I just started chugging water when I want candy because I love and I mean LOVE chocolate :D
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have to second the hot tea, I've got my kettle on now for some Caramel Chocolate Chai :heart:
    Also, you might want to try a multivite if you don't normally take one, or add a little calcium / iron / magnesium to your diet / suplements. Ive noticed that when I remember to take mine I feel less like shoving all the foods in my face at once.

Also:

Who makes caramel chocolate chai and where do i find it?
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    skinny cow!!!!!!!! :)
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Also:

Who makes caramel chocolate chai and where do i find it?

Its a Celestial Seasonings, & so good! Any grocery store with a decent tea selection should have it, or on the website if you can find someone to split the ridiculous shipping costs, lol.
  • aprilbuell
    Options
    I saw something on GMA (I think that is where it was) but you can take plain Greek yogurt and add a packet of hot chocolate mix to it. It's suppose to taste like chocolate pudding with less calories.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    OK - ladies - its that time of the month and can you say CHOCOLATE???? Its bad enough that I have 2-3 lb weight gain! I have Serious cravings for chocolate, salt, whatever I can get my hands on. I've tried really hard today to be good although I ate a few mini musketeers from the candy bowl today- hoping that would help. What are your suggestions to keep from bingeing and messing up everything I'm working for so I don't have to start at square 1??

Blech, me too! The worst part is that after I eat the chocolate I always want something salty, and then vice versa. It is like an ugly downward spiral.

I find Fiber One brownies to be very helpful. I've heard a lot of good things about Special K cracker chips, too. The best advice is to give yourself a little leeway. We're human, and luckily the cravings are few and far between. :)
  • ksebastian29
    Options
    I've found the new granola thins by natures valley with dark chocolate are very good and just 80 calories too. They have just a bit of sweetness and salt to satisfy!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    This week was my first time dealing with this. I didn't actually have my period (I guess the exercise and diet restrictions pissed my body off), but I had all the symptoms-- including the mad craving for chocolate. I was really nervous about that happening... But it turned out okay. I bought a pack of dark chocolate Fudge Stripe cookies the first day. I finished off about half the pack over the course of the past few days. However, I managed to work them into my calorie budget. In fact, I had NINE cookies yesterday, and I still ended the night with calories to spare. *blushes* So my advice would obviously be to go ahead and give into the cravings. It might not be the healthiest week nutrition-wise, but you can certainly do it without blowing your efforts. Unless, of course, you are on a super restricted calorie plan. In which case, disregard my entire post! LOL
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I actually crave Doritos with lime over anything else......I could probably down a whole bag on my period if I allowed myself.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I suck on a ice cube when I am having bad cravings and it works. But for the most part I stock on on healthier alternatives. Skinny cows in the freezer, milk splenda ice cubes and vanilla for milk shakes, mini chocolate bars, graham cracker and 95% fat free cool whip makes a delicious ice cream sandwhich. And if I have to have it I do just less of it.
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    When I get a chocolate craving like that I take a kellogs fiber bar, they have a dark chocolate almond one thats really good. I cut it up into pieces and place it in a baggie and when I get cravings I just eat a piece or 2. For me it works to kill the little cravings w/o going crazy. Other times I just eat the chocolate and try to keep it in moderation.