Breakfast - Under 200 cals???

Options

Replies

• dmest
    dmest Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Check out Think Thin bars. They are high in fiber and protein and low in sugar. My favorite one is a white chocolate nut bar that is only 190 calories.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried KIND bars? They are my go to breakfast plus a piece of fruit - and I am not an energy abr or really granola bar person. These lean more towards granola bar but their whole thing is that you should see everything on the ingredient list. It's basically a bunch of nuts and fruit and seeds mixed together without any fake crap or added sugar. They sell large amounts on their website but I'm seeing them pop up at a lot of different grocery stores - even the gas station convenience store near my work has them now lol
    Oh and they're all pretty much 180-200 cals
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    under 200 cal:

greek yogurt with berries and honey

english muffin, over medium egg, and a thin slice of ham

fruit salad and cottage cheese

protein shake or smoothie

waffle topped with berries and a little greek yogurt

light breakfast muffins

bread with light cream cheese and fruit on top

banana cut down the middle with peanut butter in between

oatmeal with shredded carrot, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla, and sweetener (aka carrot cake oatmeal)

breakfast burrito
    WOW great list!

Thanks! I like a lot of variety for my meals so I usually have tons of ideas for people when they need help :smile:
  • queennahs
    queennahs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been having the "French Women Don't Get Fat" Magical Breakfast Cream... it's delicious, light and 190cals with fruit, less without it.

Here's my take on it.

100g natural (greek style) yoghurt
    10 g psyllium husks (2 dessert spoons) - can substitute any ground-up non-sugar cereal (eg All Bran or similar)
    5g honey (1 teaspoon)
    30ml orange juice
    1 teaspoon cold-pressed flaxseed oil
    5 strawberries cut into pieces

Soften the psyllium husks/ground cereal with the orange juice, mix in the yoghurt, honey and flaxseed oil one at a time stirring well after each addition. I find it becomes a thickish kind of creamy paste...add strawberries on top... or whatever berries or other fruit you like.

Before I tried this, I looked up the benefits of taking flaxseed (also known as linseed) / flaxseed oil and quickly understood why it was included in this "MBC"... I chose psyllium husks as the grain to have in this as I have hereditary high cholesterol. Teamed with the flaxseed oil, this brekky should be a winner for folk like me.
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    It sounds weird but the other day when i was desperate for something to eat and we hardly had anything in I scrambled an egg and put it in a tortilla wrap. I think it totals about 200 calories (depending on the size of the wrap you use) but it tasted surprisingly good. (:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I like to have quick cooking oats 1/2 cup (before cooking), add 1 cup water and toss in some cinnamon, frozen blueberries and some sliced almonds. I sweeten it with Splenda and microwave for 1 minute, 40 secs. Its very filling and has fewer calories than the instant pre-flavored types. Basically youre getting twice the food for your calories. Great ideas everyone. Thank you!
  • SeekingKarma
    SeekingKarma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I know that there "technically" cereals but I suggest oatmeal or cream of wheat in the morning. It'll keep you full a lot longer and great to have on a cold winter morning!
  • WallyGirl358
    Options
    Greek yogurt and bear granola. I like yoplait coconut 2x protein and chocolate granola.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    thomas bagel thins- 110 calories :)
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    1 cup soy milk
    1 sambazon Acai berry smoothie pack-unsweetened
    1/2 spoon of pure honey
    1-2 cups crushed ice......this makes approx 16-18 oz. and comes in under 200 calories-- you will save an additional 30 calories if you skip the honey. A full smoothie pack has 75 calories and the 365 brand of soy milk has 70 calories. If you use this, you will consume 175 calories and again, the honey can be skipped. I generally skip the honey. It keeps me full and satisfied for a few hours. I have this around 6am. Hope this helps!
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I eat Oatmeal every morning. Quick and low cal. The plain kind is 100 cal per pack, or the fruits and cream are 130. If I get hungry before lunch I'll have a banana or an apple.

This. I really don't like eating in the morning, but working at a school there's no guarantee that I'll get to take a lunch break each day, so I warm up a bowl of raisin and nut oatmeal each morning after clocking in. I usually pick at it over the next 15-30 minutes while I'm getting settled in.
    On days when I really, really don't feel like eating, or the idea of food turns my stomach, I grab a box of berries and pick at those instead.
  • Bradozzz85
    Options
    Sanatarium up and go
  • hunnyspice
    hunnyspice Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    All these ideas sound great!!!
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal, like many other posters here. The Maple and Brown Sugar is 160cal a pack and the Strawberries and Cream is 130. You could have a clementine as well, and it would be just about 200 calories, plus quite healthy!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    How about a slice of peanut butter toast? 1 slice of toast and 1 tbsp of peanut butter should come in at 150ish or less depending on the bread you use.
  • JamieCRodriguez
    JamieCRodriguez Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    chobani is my personal fav. 0% greek yogurt. It's yummy and loaded with protein. It makes you full, great before or after a workout. 140 cal. per serving :smile:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Original Cereal w/ Almond Milk and a tablespoon or two of dried plums
  • taylor0911
    Options
    in the morning i don't have the time to make anything too exciting so i normall have a 200 calories or less meal. these include:

- a bowl of special k forest berrys with half a cup of skim milk
    - banana smoothie (1 banana, 250ml soy milk, teaspoon of honey, handful of ice and 2 tablespoons of yoghurt)
    - uncle tobys oats
    - fruit salad with no fat yoghurt and a tablespoon of granola
    - 2 slices of wheat toast with vegemite and margarine
    - v8 juice with a piece of fruit
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    egg whites with salsa on top...
  • GreenEyedGrl86
    Options
    My breakfast is usually aFiber One 90 calorie bar. I tend to save most of my calories for dinner, not sure if that's smart or not. Usually I have about 1,000 calories left by the time dinner time comes around.