Quick Calorie Burning Desk Exercises???

Options
I just want to leave work and go walk, or run, or play tennis....I want to burn calories and am feeling both excited about losing weight....and a little obsessive! So, what are your calorie burning ideas for a desk job???

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Walk on your lunch hour
    If you work in a building or high rise with a lot of stairs... do stair climbing
    any gyms near your work?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Jumping to conclusions, dodging responsibility, catching ****, passing the buck... etc etc
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    what about if you're a college student sitting in a 3 hour class? any exercise ideas for that?
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Jumping to conclusions, dodging responsibility, catching ****, passing the buck... etc etc

I'm great at the dodging responsibilities exercise. I work at it for 8 hours out of a 9 hour day! Hehe
  • flagator11
    flagator11 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Instead of sitting at your desk, try standing for a while. My employer installed an arm on my desk that allows me to raise the monitor, keyboard, and mouse so I can work while standing. I do it for the rest of my work day after I take a walk for lunch.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You could see if there's a spare office or cubicle nobody is using and fill it with exercise equipment. Or you can just work out before or after work.
  • saffronblue
    saffronblue Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Great Ideas!
  • saffronblue
    Options
    Instead of sitting at your desk, try standing for a while. My employer installed an arm on my desk that allows me to raise the monitor, keyboard, and mouse so I can work while standing. I do it for the rest of my work day after I take a walk for lunch.

Soooo....actually I DO stand most of the day, at my computer. I guess I could do squats when there is no-one around!
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Try using a fit ball instead of a chair, if your employer would allow it.
  • saffronblue
    Options
    Super! Keep the ideas coming!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm a dork...I do yoga postures in the bathroom and I find that the stalls are usually roomy enough so you can sneak in a set of squats every time you take a bathroom break. One armed pushups off the wall in the bathroom is another thing too. Hard to explain when someone walks in and your in warrior 2 pose tho lol:laugh:
  • saffronblue
    Options
    Haha! That is great! ^^^