How do you stop the snack cravings!!

Options
I do great at meal times but its after dinner. The munchy crunchy chewy things I love is what I'm having a had time controling
Any suggestions??

Replies

• crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Try 94% fat free microwave popcorn, or Skinny Cow ice cream desserts! Good luck!
  • Donnab5555
    Options
    Yummm :tongue: . Haven't tried the skinnycow desserts yet!! Its now on my list!
    Thank you
  • alphabettie
    alphabettie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Would baby carrots qualify? They're crunchy, and pretty low in calories.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I've re-discovered mini flavored rice cakes. Caramel and chocolate. YUM! 16 of them is only 120 calories.
  • traceyfrancis1989
    Options
    I know they are a sin - but have you tried pink 'n' whites - marshmallow wafers - only 20 calories each!
  • Donnab5555
    Options
    Tried baby carrots yesterday, even put Splenda on them... not my fab but it was ok.
  • AnneJudith
    AnneJudith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I force myself to drink lots of water.
  • Lottalooks
    Options
    Special K Sea Salt Chips 30 is only 110 calories... I can stop after 10 and be fine... really helps me
  • Donnab5555
    Options
    Yes... I like those! I'm saying that as I'm using my last 190 calories for the day on cheese balls!! I'm out of control ha ha ha.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Work out and extra 20 minutes a day and have a little snack.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i had the worst time with snacking, it was my downfall and weakness! honestly i just quit. it still bothers me a little from time-to-time, but i just tell myself the 26 lbs. i have lost didn't come off by snacking at midnight! LOL i get my Kindle and go to bed to read if i really want a snack.
  • alphabettie
    alphabettie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Tried baby carrots yesterday, even put Splenda on them... not my fab but it was ok.
    Usually I eat them with hummus or guacamole. You'd prefer a sweeter, crunchy snack?
  • sarahcowley1
    Options
    i drink lots of water ... and i find chewing gum also helps ...
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Eat less at meals, to leave spare cals for snacks.

Exercise more to get more cals to eat.

Both these make it far more enjoyable. :D
  • Donnab5555
    Options
    That sounds like something I would like. Thanks
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of ice cold water, chew gum. If the cravings get real bad I brush my teeth and/or whiten them too. :D
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Work out to earn extra calories then save them for after dinner :) There are a lot of great snacks like fresh strawberries with a couple tablespoons of light sour cream mixed with 2 tsps of splenda brown sugar...YUM! Special K crackers with a wedge of laughing cow swiss cheese, 1/4 cup of raisinettes if you crave chocolate, or try making a protein shake with frozen berries or 1/2 banana, a cup of milk, a scoop of whey protein powder and some ice...I guarantee you won't be able to eat another thing after you finish off the shake (makes close to 3 cups)!
  • ladyplaz
    ladyplaz Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have a huge sweet tooth. I love the extra dessert delights gum. It has saved me from the ice cream monster. So, lots of water, a piece of gum have helped keep me on track. Good Luck! :smile:
  • Donnab5555
    Options
    Any snack sweet or salty, I don't discriminate. That's it, I'm done eating for the day. I'm going to do it!
  • Donnab5555
    Options
    Thank you all for your fast responses .... very helpful!!