tomboy needs desperate help.......

I really need help with being a girly girl and really want to do it for me and no body else but i am a stay at home mother what can i do for just at home and going to the park kind of things....

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    That is really hard to answer without any specifics.

How do you dress?
    Ever put on make up (not needed but to make you feel girly)?
    Hairstyle?

You can look feminine without a lot of fuss. :)
  • I'd need help knowing more about you. Do you have T shirts? Throw them all out. It's okay to show cleavage. Heels, boobs, and lipstick are the greatest parts of being a girl; however, you don't have to "rid" all the tomboy. I like playing xbox and doing "guy" things- I consider myself girly too, though.

I'd like to add, I know how you feel. I'm a single stay at home mother- so I know what it feels like to be cooped up. Doesn't hurt to get dressed up, even if you don't have anything to do.
  • That is really hard to answer without any specifics.

How do you dress?
    Hairstyle?

sweats and a tshirt hair in a bun no make up but i do on occasion
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 610 Member
    I used to be a pretty bad tomboy and now I'm fairly girly girl, though I still have my tomboy tendencies. Not sure exactly when I started to change, somewhere during my second pregnancy I think. It hit full force right after I left my ex-husband. Not sure what part exactly you're asking for help with. Shoes, clothes, make-up, jewelry, or workout and food (not sure how those last two are super tomboy vs girly but you never know)...

The best advice I can give is to go shopping. Seriously, head to the mall with a girlfriend and visit lots of stores and browse. You don't have to buy, just look and get a feel for what you think looks nice. Don't be afraid to wear it either, there's not much point in looking at stuff you'd never be caught dead wearing. Try some stuff on, when you're ready/able pick up a few things and start working them into your wardrobe.

People will notice and they will comment (hopefully nicely). If they're nice smile and say thanks, if they're rude smile and say "I can change my appearance, but rude is ugly and never goes away"

Feel free to message me and/or friend request me.
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    When I was younger I was a total tomboy! I think to make you want to be girly you have to feel it (as silly as it sounds). Try going for a spa day or having a pamper day at home, with facials, manicures and things. Then instead of forcing yourself to be girly, you'll want to match how you're feeling after your day :)
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Paint your nails.
    Try different styles with your make up.
    Try different ponytails or buns or whatever. Personally, I think it's super cute when girls wear messy buns. Looks cute and is super quick and easy to do! It's cute any way you do it too. You know, low or high on your head. Just some simple girly ideas to start with. :wink:
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    I'll go shopping with you! Lol
  • Paint your nails.
    Try different styles with your make up.
    Try different ponytails or buns or whatever. Personally, I think it's super cute when girls wear messy buns. Looks cute and is super quick and easy to do! It's cute any way you do it too. You know, low or high on your head. Just some simple girly ideas to start with. :wink:
    i would if i had long enough hair lol
  • I'll go shopping with you! Lol
    i live in texas and im broke
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Which part of Texas?
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Girrl there is way too much to tell you in a message. You need to teach yourself. Subscribe to a few fashion channels and beauty channels on youtube. You'll get the hang of things soon.
  • Carl01
    That is really hard to answer without any specifics.

How do you dress?
    Hairstyle?

sweats and a tshirt hair in a bun no make up but i do on occasion

Sweats and a t shirt are okay for around the house,not to go out unless for a jog.
    Get your hair out of a bun and get it cut/styled.
    I am not crazy about makeup and don`t think it is needed to look feminine but my opinion,if you do use some don`t overdo it and get some advice on how to discretely apply.
    Get yourself a simple little necklace too.

As a guy I like seeing a lady "dolled" up when the occasion calls for it but just a nice girl next door is most appealing.
  • <---- Tomboy! but I do my hair and a little bit of eye makeup chap stick!.. :).

You can still wear sweats and hoodies and look cute... I could be wrong tho.. lols

You could tease your hair >:D! I love teasing its the best...

Curl your eyelashes

Nails
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    I think you should look at clothing websites for style ideas. Like Old Navy has "looks" that you can create with their clothes. Take those ideas but shop at Goodwill if you're broke. Add makeup and paint your nails!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,450 Member
    ah, the mom uniform.... hair up, no makeup, sweats and ratty tshirts. I know it well. It is good for you to take a little extra time on yourself every once in a while. It will make you feel better. Doesnt mean you have to do a full face of makeup or even any at all. Do get up and put on some moisturizer. Wash your hair and style it. Slap on a little tinted chapstick or gloss. Jeans and a fitted tshirt are an improvement over sweats. Little things like that can help brighten your mood and look. You dont have to go full out "girl" if thats not your style. Tom boys are cool too. But DO spend some time making YOU feel good.
  • would help more if we could see a pic of your hair :)<3 .. but everyone here has pretty good ideas ;D
  • ACCESSORIZE :happy: A cheap stylish pair of sunglasses. I found some awesome ones at the dollar store! A couple little necklaces and a couple earrings can also be found there. Some mascara and lip gloss in you glove box is a wonderful last minute pick me up (but not when you are driving)
    When I take my kids to the park I don't doll myself up. I do put a small set of silver hoops in, some lip color and mascara. My hair is just pulled back in a pony or messy bun or left down in natural waves. Sometimes I'll put a headband in for another accessory. I just were tennis shoes and jeans with a zip up hoodie black, so it doesn't show kids goop and dirt. Plus has a nice slimming factor!
  • ACCESSORIZE :happy: A cheap stylish pair of sunglasses. I found some awesome ones at the dollar store! A couple little necklaces and a couple earrings can also be found there. Some mascara and lip gloss in you glove box is a wonderful last minute pick me up (but not when you are driving)
    When I take my kids to the park I don't doll myself up. I do put a small set of silver hoops in, some lip color and mascara. My hair is just pulled back in a pony or messy bun or left down in natural waves. Sometimes I'll put a headband in for another accessory. I just were tennis shoes and jeans with a zip up hoodie black, so it doesn't show kids goop and dirt. Plus has a nice slimming factor!
    I wear glasses my daughter is at the pully pully bitey bitey stage so no can do with list of tis
  • Carl01
    ACCESSORIZE :happy: A cheap stylish pair of sunglasses. I found some awesome ones at the dollar store! A couple little necklaces and a couple earrings can also be found there. Some mascara and lip gloss in you glove box is a wonderful last minute pick me up (but not when you are driving)
    I wear glasses my daughter is at the pully pully bitey bitey stage so no can do with list of tis

I am not trying to be snarky so please don`t take it that way but you asked for some help and advice...the word "can`t" needs to be forgotten.
    You can do this for yourself and how you want to feel about yourself.
    Believe me,you really can. :flowerforyou:
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    I found the thing that worked the best for me to feel feminine was to wear form fitting clothes. Not tight, but fitted. Tapered T shirts instead of baggy ones, a little clingier sweater with a good bra to show off the girls, good fitting jeans. And earrings.
    Put on a little clear lip gloss and mascara and I'm good to go.