Food after exercise?

Options
grag79
grag79 Posts: 70 Member
Hi,
Just came back from a 6k walk and am starving!!Have calorise left but am just wondering what is the best food to eat after exercise?It is also late at night!xgx

Replies

• sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    HAVE HALF A PROTEIN BAR OR SOME YOGURT, BASICALLY ANY KIND OF PROTEIN SHOULD WORK..
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    protein and fiber :)
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    A balanced snack with some protein to repair muscles and carbs to replace any you might have burned as glycogen in your muscles. A little fat doesn't hurt either.
  • grag79
    grag79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks.I might get a few protein bars for after.xgx
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    I read on here last night that it's best to eat after exercise, because the metabolism is raised & so it digests the food more efficiently.

Not sure if it's 100% true or not, but it might be something to think about.
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    MY PERSONAL TRAINER SAID PROTEIN BEFORE AND AFTER EXCERSING IS THE BEST YOUCAN DO FOR YOURSELF. IT WORKS!:happy:
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    sandwich, turkey on white bread with a slice of cheese, protein and carbs :D
    If I didnt make a sandwich then I have a Balance bar.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist has me consuming carbs and protein post workout. For example,

- Small Serving of Apple Sauce (get the insulin pumpin' and getting nutrients back into the muscles)
    - Brown Rice
    - Protein Shake