Anyone else doing Jenny Craig?

Options
Just wondering if anyone else is doing Jenny Craig, and how that is working. I have been on it for 3 weeks now, and it is quite expensive, but I do like the food and the fact that I don't have to "think" about portions, menu planning etc. It is convenient, and there are non-frozen foods that I can take with me when I travel. I'm wondering if others have success with it, and how long they've been on it.

Replies

• hbaggett67
    hbaggett67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone else is doing Jenny Craig, and how that is working. I have been on it for 3 weeks now, and it is quite expensive, but I do like the food and the fact that I don't have to "think" about portions, menu planning etc. It is convenient, and there are non-frozen foods that I can take with me when I travel. I'm wondering if others have success with it, and how long they've been on it.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'v never tried it, but it might be good as a stepping stone. Don't become too reliant on those pre-portioned foods though, when you go back to planning things yourself you'll need to know how to portion your own foods. Watch out too, pre-portioned foods tend to be really high in sodium.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I lost 48 pounds on Jenny and am a former counselor for them....anything I can do to help...I have LOTS of good info...they really want you to learn to eat on your own and I am here for you. It took approximately 7 months and in the past 7 years, I only put 15 pounds back on (which I have successfully taken back off). Just an FYI, Jenny is lower in sodium than most pre-packaged foods due to the high number of people who walk through the doors with high blood pressure....:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    hey kerri :flowerforyou:
    i never tried it save your money and use this site ( im proof it works) (still working on it though :tongue: )
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I worked for jenny direct a few years ago and i had to stop working for them cause i was upset that almost everyone working there was over weight... and while talking to the people on the phones they would be sitting there eating cake, junk food but yet telling others it's easy to follow the plan and lose weight ! Jenny is all about portion control and once you have that under control save the money and just learn how to measure out portions.... the food isn't that great!!! and i rather eat "real" food then frozen food that doesn't fill you up!! If your going and talking to some one In person weekly that might be better then just talking to the people over the phone cause i rather see the person who's telling me it's easy to lose weight!!! cause we all know it isn't!!!
  • hbaggett67
    hbaggett67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a center--so far I've been pretty happy--no one there is overweight--2 of them are also personal trainers. I'm liking the food--I have zero ability to cook, so have no interest in looking at recipes or some of the meal planning that comes with Weight Watchers. Also, it truly is great to be able to pack some meals in my suitcase (sounds weird I know), and it is very easy to find a microwave at most of the hotels I stay in. Thanks everyone!
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Just remember your "free" foods (veggies, sugar free jello, veggie soup, etc) if you get hungry (you should never be hungry on Jenny)....you can eat all the above foods that you want without fear. Good luck to you and be proud of your decision. I learned a lot about myself while on the plan. It's funny - I started on the plan because I was always on the road too...:flowerforyou: