Hello

Options
Hi, I am a 46 year old man with a wife and two great kids. I am six feet tall and currently weigh 300 lbs. My body is weird. I have short legs. If they matched my upper body I would probably be about 6'5"...so, BMI isn't so accurate for me.

That said, I am definitely obese.

I have lost weight before...twice and am embarking upon an endeavor to lose about 50 lbs by summer. 250 is a good weight for me. 230 is better and I will get there, but I want to get to where I can run comfortably so I can train for some 10Ks, 0.5 Marathons or, God willing, a full Marathon. I can assure you, I will not be fast. I could weigh 200 lbs and would still be back of every pack. But I really enjoyed running when I was into it and am looking forward to getting back to it.

The first time I lost weight, I could drop 10 lbs a week, but I was in my thirties and my metabolism hadn't wised up. The second time it was slower, and now the best I can manage is 4-6 lbs a week. I eat 12-1500 calories a day and exercise 5-6 days a week.

Now, before you all tell me to slow down and that that's too fast and not good for me, let me say that I am a senior RN student and I know that its not great for me, at my age, to be rocketing the weight loss like this. But I am impatient and barring injury, if I can do it. I will.

it's good to be here and I look forward to communicating with you.