I'm losing weight because...

Options

Replies

• cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I gave birth to a daughter in August and she died the day after delivery. I'm losing weight so that I will be as healthy as possible when I get pregnant again.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Best of luck on this journey; it's great you're taking such good care of yourself.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    To be healthy of course, but I am going to Greece on vacation in May with daughters. Gotta keep up.
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    1. I want to feel comfortable again!
    2. I want to be a good example for my kids!
    3. There are so many reasons, but basically....I WANT TO LIVE!

I had high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes....I am now free of all of them! And off all of the medications! Loving life!:happy:
  • dmurray4
    Options
    I want to stop thinking negatively about my weight all day, and instead think about how good I feel and look!
  • PrettyLydie
    PrettyLydie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    1. I want to be the hottest girl in the bar on my birthday, and Saint Patrick's Day, and Memorial Day, and the 4th of July, and...well, you get the idea ;)
  • Court222010
    Options
    1. I want to feel comfortable again!
    2. I want to be a good example for my kids!
    3. There are so many reasons, but basically....I WANT TO LIVE!

I had high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes....I am now free of all of them! And off all of the medications! Loving life!:happy:

That's incredible! Good for you; you should be so proud of yourself and I'm sure your kids are (or will be one day if they're not old enough to understand yet!) :flowerforyou:
  • Court222010
    Options
    1. I want to be the hottest girl in the bar on my birthday, and Saint Patrick's Day, and Memorial Day, and the 4th of July, and...well, you get the idea ;)

Hahaha! You go girl!! :laugh:
  • Titebootay757
    Options
    :smooched: I want to get off these blood pressure and cholesterol meds, and I also want to improve my overall health and mood. Being able to wear some of these cute clothes that I see is a side benefit too. I want to feel better, look better and be better and I'm doing it for me.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    For my health
  • Court222010
    Options
    I definitely understand wanting to lose the weight and all the negativity that comes with it! Feeling great about your body will help you shine! Keep going and everyone around you will need sunglasses :glasses: :wink:
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I want to be a healtheir mom for my kids, feel sexier for my husband & not cringe at every photo I see of myself!
    This^^^. I also want to enjoy clothes shopping and just feel "sexy" all the time:blushing: . I am getting so close to where I want to be, but these last pounds are taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r to go away:sad: .
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    because i want to be healthy enough to have kids in the future and play with them!!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight because I'm afraid of diabetes. I am working to improve my health in MANY aspects, and losing weight goes along with that. I want to have energy and I want my hormones to do what they are supposed to do. I don't want to sit on the sidelines while my life passes me by.
  • DiannaL1950
    Options
    I'm losing weight because I want to be healthy and I hate how I feel and how I look.
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have been overweight since I was a toddler (literally). I want to change, feel good, look good and finish the 10k that I am doing March 31st!
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight because I'm afraid of diabetes. I am working to improve my health in MANY aspects, and losing weight goes along with that. I want to have energy and I want my hormones to do what they are supposed to do. I don't want to sit on the sidelines while my life passes me by.

Me too! My dad was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes this past September. It's shaken me in a couple of ways. First, I take after my dad. We are the only two in the family with weight issues. Second, at Christmastime Dad said proudly that he'd lost 35 lb since his diagnosis (now only taking half his oral diabetes meds and is completely off his high blood pressure medicine). He started at 220 lb and is now at 185 lb........which is 15 lb LESS than I weighed. Humbling.........

I got to thinking around New Years that if my 75 year old dad can lose 35 lb, I certainly should be able to! And I certainly want to avoid the health issues he has.
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    I want to see my children grow up.
  • cbriost
    cbriost Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Because I've been letting myself go and I want to be more in control of my life!
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing what I've started and I'm setting myself on the right track.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    because there is nothing i want more.