Shocked!!

Options
I just had a small (it was smaller then the palm of my hand ) Avacodo and it's saying it was 322 calories and 29 grams of fat!!! i didn't realize that even a Avacodo can take up so many calories and fat!! Wow i guess i really do have to watch what i put in my mouth!!!

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I just had a small (it was smaller then the palm of my hand ) Avacodo and it's saying it was 322 calories and 29 grams of fat!!! i didn't realize that even a Avacodo can take up so many calories and fat!! Wow i guess i really do have to watch what i put in my mouth!!!
  • LauraK216
    LauraK216 Posts: 104
    Options
    It really is amazing, isn't it?! Avocado has a lot of good fat in it, but even too much of a good thing can be bad!
  • Elita
    Elita Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thats weird because i had a medium one and it said it was only 162 calories? So now im wondering which one is right?
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    The only way to really know what's considered "small" or "medium" would be to enter a weight.... what you actually eat, not the whole avocado that includes the skin and pit.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt NOT eat avacado because of the calories and fat... they are soooo good for you and the fat in them is good fat :) they are always good to have, for those days you have too many calories left over, but dont feel like you can eat much :flowerforyou:
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    a little avacado took up almost all my calories for lunch!!! darn those things!! :) i guess it's better to eat that then a piece of cake or a handful of cookies but still im so shocked when i logged that into my profile!!!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt NOT eat avacado because of the calories and fat... they are soooo good for you and the fat in them is good fat :) they are always good to have, for those days you have too many calories left over, but dont feel like you can eat much :flowerforyou:

ditto..... avacado is soooo good for you! soooooo yummmmmyyy!!!! mmmmmmm, i'm salivating! :laugh: :tongue:
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    ugh i have been on an avocado kick this past week myself, in salads, on burgers i grill etc. instead of bread i had that.....ugh~:noway:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I would check the nut. info for some of the other entries for avocado - that is way too high for that small amount. It would take a large avocado to have that much.
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    I would check the nut. info for some of the other entries for avocado - that is way too high for that small amount. It would take a large avocado to have that much.

i went back into the meal profile and found Hass avocado size small and it said its only 238 calories still high for such a small piece of food but better then the first one it told me to put down!!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

Ya know, I don't think I've ever had that problem. :huh:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

i went back into the meal profile and found Hass avocado size small and it said its only 238 calories still high for such a small piece of food but better then the first one it told me to put down!!

That sounds closer to right. I would think if it was smaller than the palm of your hand, that might be even a little high, but at least it's closer! Avocados are so good for you - I hope you enjoyed it!
  • tammietifanie
    Options

That sounds closer to right. I would think if it was smaller than the palm of your hand, that might be even a little high, but at least it's closer! Avocados are so good for you - I hope you enjoyed it!

I normally put salt on them but i've been trying to just eat them plain!!! I love avocados but seeing how high in fat and calories i might cut back on them and only enjoy them once in a while!!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    shocking but true...
    avacado is a good skin cream
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    shocking but true...

I don't even wanna know why you know that.:noway: :happy:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    shocking but true...

I don't even wanna know why you know that.:noway: :happy:

actually lived with a woman once...go figure
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I eat avacado all the time...hispanic. Anyway, they are fatty, but it's a good kind of fat. They are also loaded in minerals. I think their just so healthy, who wouldn't eat them?!:laugh:
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I know!! And I can eat that all day! Same goes for nuts!! People say to eat nuts in your diet but that can be so many calories!!
  • meatball
    meatball Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    try it with some real high quality balsamic vinegar on it. It gets no better...
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    try it with some real high quality balsamic vinegar on it. It gets no better...

i love balsamic vinegar!! i'll have to try that next time!!! thanks for the idea!!