Melted Butter in Restaurants

Options
Hi folks. I work in the food industry, I wanted to give everyone a heads up on a product they use. Its a melted butter substitute, you will see it on Rolls, breadsticks and items that have butter on them. The butter is supposed to be Cholesterol free {READ YOUR LABELS!} and well it may be that but let me give you some behind the scenes stuff. That Crap is so hard to clean off the walls. It will splatter on the back splashes or under the cabinet areas. If it is not cleaned off immediately and it dries on there from lack of cleaning or just not scrubbing hard enough we have to use a razor blade to get it off. Now...Imagine what that is doing to your insides. That is why if you do order breadsticks or rolls tell them to leave the butter off the tops! I have found that just by adding seasoning to our product its good enough to eat without the butter!

Just a heads up. I hate the industry at times but it has been good to me and my family.

Carla aka Ansata

Replies

• trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    That's so gross... but thanks for sharing! Years ago I switched to real butter instead of margarine, just to reduce the amount of chemicals I was eating. I wasn't worried about the fat or cholesterol. I never even thought to consider what's added to restaurant food!