Has anyone successfully lost weight with a mini trampoline?

Options
ojell
ojell Posts: 749 Member
How much did you lose? Did you do any other exercises? How often did you use it? How long did you use it? What exactly did you do on it? Just jump???

Replies

• skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I do know that jumping strengthens your bones and that is a good thing. I have jumped on our big one with my son, its exhausting. :laugh:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    How much did you lose? Did you do any other exercises? How often did you use it? How long did you use it? What exactly did you do on it? Just jump???
    I use one, and no, you don't jump but jog in place.
    I use it while on the phone or during conference call.

Remember, it's just one of many forms of cardio, and I like having options no matter where I am or what I am doing.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I love my mini tramp. It's great for when it's too cold to run outside and I've been using it TONS since I had to cancel my gym membership.

I wear weighted gloves and move my arms A LOT while I'm jumping.

I currently weight about 148 and I burn anywhere between 400 - 600 calories an hour depending on how hard i'm pushing myself.

I usually pair my rebounding with a 20 - 40 minute workout video that has resistance training. Lately I've been doing 30 Day Shred.

I think I got mine at a sporting goods for 40$. Definitely worth the investment if you are actually going to use it.
  • ojell
    Options
    I bought one for my kids a couple of weeks ago, and I'm finding myself jumping on it more and more while I watch tv or talk on the phone, etc. I love it! lol I was just wondering if I could actually lose some weight and maybe tighten up my legs and butt with it. That'd be awesome!
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    Only if you do it while listening to "stop in the name of love" and change your name to Tawanda...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cILRm3F3ic
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I bought one for my kids a couple of weeks ago, and I'm finding myself jumping on it more and more while I watch tv or talk on the phone, etc. I love it! lol I was just wondering if I could actually lose some weight and maybe tighten up my legs and butt with it. That'd be awesome!

Anything that gets your heart rate up will burn calories and help you lose weight.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    we have one at work (sensory for the kids) and I jump on it to show them "how to use it" aka "I want to have fun too!" I can tell it works because I can feel my muscles tighten up but it is not a regular thing for me- just for fun!
  • BuffLoveWinning
    BuffLoveWinning Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Moving is better then sitting...
    Moving and having fun is even better
  • ojell
    Options
    Only if you do it while listening to "stop in the name of love" and change your name to Tawanda...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cILRm3F3ic

lololol I love that! haha
  • ojell
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I use to have a mini one years ago and it worked to help me lose weight. I use to break my 30 min. into 3. I would do 10 mins in the morning, 10 later when my energy level was going down and then later in the evening. I now have a big trampoline in my yard and like to jump on it. Just do it for fun and everything will come after it. The weight will eventually fall off it you do it enough. Good Luck
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hmm...never thought of a mini trampoline.....might have to look into this! :bigsmile:
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use mine occasionally for a break from the norm. I like to rotate my time between several different techniques such as: quick/hard jumping, jumping jacks, landing in a squat position and swiveling my knees from side to side.

Anything that burns calories will help you lose weight if you do enough of it! Good luck!
  • ahersh00
    ahersh00 Posts: 85
    Options
    What's the weight limit for a mini trampoline? Anyone know?
  • MoreThanAMother
    Options
    We just bought our son one and it says 220 pounds is the limit.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

Anything that gets your heart rate up will burn calories and help you lose weight.

This! How many questions like this are posted every day. No one piece of equipment will magically help you lose weight! Exercise burns calories, calorie deficits are what result in weight loss.

A better question would be - do people feel the mini trampoline were a good investment of their money, and what sort of exercises do they recommend?
  • Lani702
    Options
    I have a big trampoline in our backyard, but I got a mini to use while I watch tv, also have the vibration therapy machine. I don't know about losing weight, but I can vouch for maintaining weight and being toned. I was a gymnast for 15 yrs and we use to work out on trampolines and it always left me breathing heavy. I even take my kids to the Jumpoline places and they love it and are tired out an starving after an hour of dodge ball and jumping on them.

The mini is great for indoors and it's helped me maintained being toned during the winter months since I can't ride in the snow. You can def. lose weight, but my issue is staying toned and not getting flabby skinny. I would say the mini tramps are a good investment. It helps if you do isometrict moves and try to incorporate similar moves to plyometrics on the tramps..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!