olive oil: think its good for u ? I thk not!

Options

Replies

• realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Might not want to have steak often...much more detrimental than oil.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I use this to cook with

2011-11-06%25252017.08.26.jpg
  • CornellGirl
    CornellGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I cook basically everything with olive oil.... (and I also deep condition my hair with it once a month...it's great!) and I haven't seen any weight gain. My Italian-American family also adds to it everything. Olive Oil >>> Butter
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Move along.

These aren't the droids you're looking for.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Sunshine - you aren't looking at the bigger picture. A snickers bar has very little nutritional good to bring to the table. Olive oil, while high in calories, has TONS to bring to the table (Read the link I posted).

It's about the BIGGER picture. If you focus ONLY on calories, you might lose weight, but that doesn't necessarily mean you are eating healthy.

Lol apparently you didn't get my sarcasm.

;~) I thought it was fairly apparent!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I eat olive oil every day, usually when I sautee my meals or making a vinagrette salad dressing. Along with avocados and nuts it's one of my main "good fats"

I'm trying to find ways to cook things without fat though. One suggestion is using chicken broth when pan-frying your meals.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    *headdesk*
  • kommitted1
    kommitted1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    olive oil is a GOOD fat. healthy...like avaocado = good fat! big mac=bad fat! that salmon over sauteed spinach sounds deeEElish...and also that salmon is loaded with good fat as well so keep up the good work~it will pay off.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    If you are using 3 tablespoons of olive oil you are doing it wrong.
  • IronmanPanda
    Options
    I use this to cook with

You really should be using:
    vajbutter.jpg
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Thats why we should all use spray instead of oils. Saves tons of cals

I bought this pump spray can that I can put whatever type of oil I want in and use it like a spray like Pam. So I can use smaller amounts of olive oil. Works just as well. Plus its cheaper.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I use this to cook with

You really should be using:
    vajbutter.jpg

YAY!! :) Love vaj :) But duck fat is soooo delicious.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Eat olive oil! But in moderation. You could also try olive oil spray - that is what I use.
  • IronmanPanda
    Options
    Yep... nothing quite as delicious as Vaj butter...
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Yep... nothing quite as delicious as Vaj butter...

with coconut oil.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Never had duck fat o.O i don't think I could eat anything from a ducky xD
  • lisanxd
    lisanxd Posts: 93
    Options
    *headdesk*

This was my thought as well. I exited the thread after the first time reading it, then came back to be entertained by replies.

If you're worried about it though.. it's good fat, like everyone else has suggested. I also have found the Misto olive oil mister where you put your own olive oil in (instead of using PAM) and I love it.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    :blushing:
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    OK but u say eat in moderation , i love to cook and try my best to cook as healthy as i can and i thought using olive oil was the way to go. I always cook dinner whether its fish , steak, chicken, etc unless u grill it which is hard this time of year due to weather when its freezing or raining so now im so skeptical of olive oil! maybe thats why i havent lost weight so far. I have a greg normans grill which we all know gets rid of most of the fat so from now on i guess thats what im using

Use some chicken broth to make it go further, when I sautee veggies first I do the garlic in the oil, then throw in the veggies and then pour in some chicken broth.

What everyone said is true and you need fat in your diet. I eat olive oil all the time along with avocado, coconut oil, coconut butter, coconut milk, nuts, etc .lmy cholesterol is great because of the good fats too. Grass fed butter. All good stuff! Society and media have made us to believe how bad fat is. I'd rather eat olive oil ok over a big Mac any day!!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Never had duck fat o.O i don't think I could eat anything from a ducky xD

me neither... my eyes are like O_O what is that?? lol