Your favorite go-to recipe?

Options
BrendaLee
BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
I'm planning my shopping list for Friday, and I thought it would be fun to see everyone's favorite go-to recipe for a bit of inspiration. I don't eat beef/pork, so chicken/turkey/meatless recipes are always appreciated, but feel free to share your fave no matter what it is. :)

Taco Salad:

Iceberg lettuce
Ground turkey/beef
Reduced-sodium taco seasoning
Light Catalina dressing
Light cheddar -- cubed or shredded
A hand full of nacho chips/Doritos

Brown the ground turkey/beef, and add the taco seasoning according to package directions. Tear up lettuce into a big bowl, and add as much/little of the other ingredients as you'd like...I'm not a measure'er.

Replies

• LauraLovesCamp
    Options
    Oh yeah, anything Mexican is good with me. The hotter the better. My new favorite is from a new weight watchers cook book that just came out, A-Z Veggies. I made a over fried baked chicken. It called for drum sticks but I will use breast next time. You whip up a tbsp of miracle whip and dijon mustard with spices, paprika, cayenne, dash, salt. Lather that on the skinless chicken then roll the chicken in bread crumbs (trader joes!) - over 425 until it's done, about 25-35 minutes. Yum! Oh the recipe was about broccoli so I steamed some on the side. And threw in ONE sweet potato cut into fries, lightly oiled with salt and pepper. Perfect yummy dinner.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    Oh yeah, anything Mexican is good with me. The hotter the better. My new favorite is from a new weight watchers cook book that just came out, A-Z Veggies. I made a over fried baked chicken. It called for drum sticks but I will use breast next time. You whip up a tbsp of miracle whip and dijon mustard with spices, paprika, cayenne, dash, salt. Lather that on the skinless chicken then roll the chicken in bread crumbs (trader joes!) - over 425 until it's done, about 25-35 minutes. Yum! Oh the recipe was about broccoli so I steamed some on the side. And threw in ONE sweet potato cut into fries, lightly oiled with salt and pepper. Perfect yummy dinner.

That sounds great!
  • bakingmadness
    bakingmadness Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Tuna Salad:

2 - 3 cans of tuna*
    Mayonnaise
    16 oz of Pasta*
    Radishes
    Lettuce

Boil the pasta until tender. Rinse with cold water and ice cubes until chilled. Shred as much lettuce as you want into a large bowl. Drain the water off the tuna and add to the lettuce. Add cooled pasta. Chop the radishes and add to the bowl. Add desired amount of Mayo and mix all ingredients together. I add Mayo until everything is lightly covered/moist. Sometimes I add pepper to the top after I dish up a bowl.

* Or less depending on how many people you are serving or if you want a lot of leftovers
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    Tuna Salad:

2 - 3 cans of tuna*
    Mayonnaise
    16 oz of Pasta*
    Radishes
    Lettuce

Boil the pasta until tender. Rinse with cold water and ice cubes until chilled. Shred as much lettuce as you want into a large bowl. Drain the water off the tuna and add to the lettuce. Add cooled pasta. Chop the radishes and add to the bowl. Add desired amount of Mayo and mix all ingredients together. I add Mayo until everything is lightly covered/moist. Sometimes I add pepper to the top after I dish up a bowl.

* Or less depending on how many people you are serving or if you want a lot of leftovers

Love me some pasta salad. I always top it off with a bit of paprika.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Ranch wrap!!

Multi-Grain wrap
    3oz of Chicken
    Tons of Romaine or Green leaf lettuce
    Ranch
    Parmesan

So filling and extra delicious!! Under 400 cals!