Good Recipes for College Students?

Options
zoeelizabeths
zoeelizabeths Posts: 93 Member
I'm a currently going to school full time and working a part time job and could use some cheap easy, and hopefully quick recipes. Luckily I have a full kitchen, and lots of little appliances. It's just hard to balance school, work, exercise, and cooking.

Any ideas for me?

Thanks!

Replies

• Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I have a cookbook called the Starving Students cookbook (or something like that) that was pretty cheap online. It has really simple recipes in it :) Mine is the vegetarian version, but I believe that they make several.
  • Beezer322
    Beezer322 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I recently bought a crock pot. Those things are amazing! You can put all your ingredients together in the morning and everything slow cooks throughout the day, so when you get home you have dinner!!! Plus it leaves you with a lot of left overs which you can refridgerate or freeze even.

There are tons of recipies for them online and you don't have to just make stew or soup I found out.

It's pretty much my means for survival I definitley reccommend getting one

:)
  • zoeelizabeths
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I recently bought a crock pot. Those things are amazing! You can put all your ingredients together in the morning and everything slow cooks throughout the day, so when you get home you have dinner!!! Plus it leaves you with a lot of left overs which you can refridgerate or freeze even.

There are tons of recipies for them online and you don't have to just make stew or soup I found out.

oh I have one, I just always forget about it/am not really sure what to make in it. Stew does sound pretty healthy/something I could freeze and eat again later! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • zoeelizabeths
    Options
    I have a cookbook called the Starving Students cookbook (or something like that) that was pretty cheap online. It has really simple recipes in it :) Mine is the vegetarian version, but I believe that they make several.

Oh do you like it? I've looked at a few, but I just never know. If you like it though, then i might pick up a copy.
  • _Kate_P
    _Kate_P Posts: 132
    Options
    Not sure if you're looking for this kind of thing, but Hungry Girl has some really easy quick recipes. They're not "health food" and some of the ingredients are harder to find, but most of them are pretty simple (like egg mugs!) but I totally know what you mean! finding time to get to a full store to buy certain ingredients and actually COOK food is hard! I generally stick with easy things like sandwiches, oatmeal, bars, etc.
  • MrsDundas87
    Options

oh I have one, I just always forget about it/am not really sure what to make in it. Stew does sound pretty healthy/something I could freeze and eat again later! Thanks for the suggestion!

we made chicken curry in ours last weekend it was delicious!
  • zoeelizabeths
    Options
    Not sure if you're looking for this kind of thing, but Hungry Girl has some really easy quick recipes. They're not "health food" and some of the ingredients are harder to find, but most of them are pretty simple (like egg mugs!) but I totally know what you mean! finding time to get to a full store to buy certain ingredients and actually COOK food is hard! I generally stick with easy things like sandwiches, oatmeal, bars, etc.

I eat a lot of simple things too, but I try to make real dinners. And then I generally eat left overs for lunch. I find if I cook something Friday/Saturday/Sunday when I have more time then I have plenty of left overs for the rest of the week.
  • zoeelizabeths
    Options

we made chicken curry in ours last weekend it was delicious!

Oh that sounds good too. Obviously I need to look into more crock pot recipes.