Reasons for not going to the toilet.

Options
Recently over the last week I have been at the gym a lot under under my calorie goal, I think in part due to this I have not been for a "number 2" for the last 4 days.

Now I don't think this is due to "starvation mode" because I am still losing weight but could it just be I am burning most of the "fuel" I put on my body at the gym leaving less as waste?

I am eating fibre aswell through cereal and pitta breads and just can't think of any other reason for this.

Replies

• careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your water intake. Also stay away from foods that don't help like cheese.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Definitely drink more water - also - are you taking supplements? Iron tablets can cause similar problems.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary so I don't know for sure, but even on a liquid diet you will produce waste so it sounds like you are constipated. Drink lots of water and maybe cut back on cheese, milk, etc. Maybe increase fiber, but sometimes that can also have the opposite effect. It varies from person to person.
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    As the others said, more water. Also too much fiber w/o water -> constipation.
  • Mark1984Scotland
    Options
    I haven't had as much water as I should have recently so that could be it. Thanks guys