Advice Needed

Options
Hello Everyone!
I hope I can get some advice here to help me with my recent exercise problem. So the situation is this: I didn't really exercise much in DEC because of holidays, however I did still walk as much as I could. So now that the new year is here, I signed up for a Zumba class. Last week I took 2 classes on M and Th. Then on Sat I went snowboarding. I wore my HRM in both, and on monday burned 900 calories, on Th burned 700 calories and on Sat burned 2041 calories. I know that is alot of calories, and I couldn't come close to eating them all back, but I tried to eat dense caloric items. The problem is, between Monday and Saturday I gained 6lbs. 6LBS!!!!! :noway: So I was freaking a little, but I decided to give it a week to come off again (Since I don't even think I ate the caloric value of 6lbs). So now a week later and I'm finally back down to where I was before. I didn't have any Zumba this week, but I'm planning to snowboard on Sat, and I have 2 zumba classes next week. What can I do so that I don't jump 6lbs doing exercise that I really like? I'm afraid to gain more weight and have to work 2x as hard to get it back down again... Please help! :smile:

Replies

• nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are holding on to water for muscle repair. I would suggest staying away from the scale if its going to affect you negatively!! I think your body will adjust and it wont be so bad in the future if you stay consistant. Make sure your drinking alot of water :)
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thanks nhendri. I wouldn't say its affecting me negatively, but I'm currently in the "Biggest Loser" at work, and I'm having to pay if I gain weight, so as I hate spending money, this was slightly discouraging.

Again, thanks for the advice :flowerforyou: