changing my weight loss goal

Options
i started out weighing 159 and my goal weight was 130. i am now almost there (yay!) but i really want to lose an additional 5 lbs. for a goal weight of 125. i changed my goal in MFP, but wonder how that is going to affect my calories burned, etc.? does it make a difference? i am set-up on the "olivia" plan so i'm not sure if it even matters what my goal weight is. has anyone else changed their mind on their goal weight? just looking for other's experiences. :smile:

Replies

• GRTFULDD1
    GRTFULDD1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am also getting close to my goal weight. I dropped my goal another 10 pounds and havent seen much of a change. Im on the Dukan diet and it has been a quick 4 months. Honestly I never thought I would get to the first goal so to add 10 more to the goal shouldnt be that much of a challenge.
  • thehealthdirect
    Options
    If your progress is good and you are consistently loosing weight I wouldn't recommend changing your approach. It's always a great feeling when you get close to your goal weight and then you believe in yourself to surpass your previous goal. How tall are you, maybe even set your goal to 120! hehe just kidding! I used to weigh 220 and now I'm at 160. Took me just a little under a year of some dedication! I'm a guy thou so don't freak out haha and I got all my information from TheHealthDirect.com. They have some great articles on that site about weight loss, muscle gain, proper dieting etc... If you check out the site be sure to check out the articles -lose 20 pounds in a month- and -the 31 day fat loss cure-. Both of those articles have pushed me to my goals. They have some very interesting information like different types of exercises for different goals! Did you know that some cardio exercises work up heavy sweats and are great for the hear, but do absolutely nothing for fat loss! Crazy stuff so read some information on those articles and I promise you that you will shed some serious pounds in the next month. I did :)

I wish you the best of luck!!!
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    If your progress is good and you are consistently loosing weight I wouldn't recommend changing your approach. It's always a great feeling when you get close to your goal weight and then you believe in yourself to surpass your previous goal. How tall are you, maybe even set your goal to 120! hehe just kidding! I used to weigh 220 and now I'm at 160. Took me just a little under a year of some dedication! I'm a guy thou so don't freak out haha and I got all my information from TheHealthDirect.com. They have some great articles on that site about weight loss, muscle gain, proper dieting etc... If you check out the site be sure to check out the articles -lose 20 pounds in a month- and -the 31 day fat loss cure-. Both of those articles have pushed me to my goals. They have some very interesting information like different types of exercises for different goals! Did you know that some cardio exercises work up heavy sweats and are great for the hear, but do absolutely nothing for fat loss! Crazy stuff so read some information on those articles and I promise you that you will shed some serious pounds in the next month. I did :)

I wish you the best of luck!!!

thanks so much for the info. i will definitely check it out. i am 5' 6" just for the record. a 120 goal weight sounds AMAZING - i would LOVE IT and i am going to change that to my goal weight! i spoke to a friend yesterday who told me that she thought getting down to 110 was too impossible for her (she is much shorter than i am) but she DID IT and she said, "YOU CAN GET TO YOUR GOAL WEIGHT, TOO!" sometimes i feel too old to be that small (i'm 41) but deep down, i want to be smaller! i just envision myself that way. i really appreciate your input. congrats to you on your success so far! i'm going to check out that website! :happy: