Favorite smoothie recipe?

Options
I HATE eating in the morning, So I am thinking maybe smoothies are a good idea. I would love to hear what others use for smoothies :)

Replies

• mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    anyone?
  • DeeBear
    DeeBear Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I drink this every morning. I got the recipe from Dr. Oz and it has really helped with my cholesterol, plus I think that it tastes GREAT and keeps me full all morning.
    Breakfast Blast Shake
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder.
    1/4 cup blueberries.
    1/2 banana.
    3 strawberries
    1 tbls psyllim husk powder.
    1 tsp flax seed oil.
    1/2 cup water.
    I use my Magic Bullet and it blends it up for me and I am off and running. I have modified this so it is only one serving but if you double it it makes 2 servings.
  • catundra75
    Options
    I love my smoothies. I buy frozen fruit, usually strawberries and peaches and the night before I pull what I need for the next morning out of the freezer and put them in the fridge. Then in the morning I use about 1/2 cup of skim milk, the fruit, 1/2 to 1 scoop of chocolate whey protein, one pack of splenda and some cinnamon and blend it all up. I think it's awesome and I look forward to it every morning. Hope this helps.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy in the morning. I buy the Yopait Frozen Smoothies. I use half the package (it makes 2), 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup water and 2 Tbl milled flax seeds. In the bullet and out the door.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup to 1 cup of frozen blueberries
    whey protein of choice (for me chocolate)
    2tbsp natural peanut butter
    1/2 cup of quaker oats old fashioned
  • ChantelleFowler
    ChantelleFowler Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I work really early in the morning (Im up at 4am and at work by 5am) and it's hard for me to make time to eat breakfast that early so I usually take my supplies to work and make a shake at work.

1 scoop protein powder (I alternate between my cake batter flavour and strawberry flavour but the possibliites are endless, really)
    1/3 cup oats
    1/2 cup berries (or a small portion of a banana and 1/4 cup of berries)
    1 cup of water
    1 tsp flaxseed

It's super yummy, healthy & filling too!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake every day for breakfast. Mine consists of 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop Jay Robb chocolate protein powder, 2 Tbs peanut butter. Sometimes I also add spinach or other greens or frozen blueberries.
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    awesome! thanks!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bump