What the heck happened to my lower back and butt?!

Options
So yesterday, we took before pictures, and I was honestly grossed out at my butt and lowerback. What the heck happened?! I guess you never REALLY get a good look, full on, of that side. So yesterday on my walk/jog I did an extra movement that worked out my buns too, I did some extra squats, and added in leg lifts to me normal routine.

What do you do for this area? Back love handle, butt, and under butt? I want a GREAT butt!!!

:) Thanks for the help!

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    bump since there's so many posts this morning
  • Mr_Motivator42
    Mr_Motivator42 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not sure what you think is wrong with that part of your body but I would suggest jogging, walking, cycling, stairs etc. Squats and lifts etc will help tone up but also may add extra muscle mass there making the area look bigger.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I find the elliptical adds better definition to my butt and the back of my legs. I have actually increased in weight lately due to exercise, but my butt and thighs look better.
  • shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I was so shocked and mortified at my back after having kids. I had rolls of fat on my back! What the heck!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Cardio, circuit traniing, and fat burns, Strength training.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    SQUATS!!!!

and lunges....

and walking and running UPhill!
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Try doing some dance centered workouts... dancers have great butts for good reason. Ballet will especially help with those areas.:smile: Good luck!
  • season1980
    season1980 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Do not shy away from lifting!! Unles you are eating at a surplus you will not gain muscle and make the area look bigger......you will lean the muscle out increase strength and burn fat!! So lift and lift heavy:flowerforyou:
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I got mine in shape by using the elliptical trainer and doing kickboxing. I also hike and run up and down on stadium bleachers. Squats and lunges are great for toning too. Good luck to you!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    The elliptical is always a nice start. Try it 3-5 days/wk. for 30-45 minutes. After 8 weeks, start saying hello to your yummy new butt!
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can do "butt blasters" as well :)

Stand up, put your weight on on leg, lift other leg (with knee bent) up then back. Remember to switch sides.

Squats work great too. Cycling is also great.
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Tone and tighten is all you can really do since you unfortunately can't pick where you lose weight. :( However, I was having a lot of lower back pain and the area just above my butt looked really funny (like off kilter) so my work sent a PT to assess me and apprently from sitting the way I do at work all day my pelvis is now tilted causing me to not be able to turn out my hips as most people can and it causes like an awkward buldge above my butt. I start PT soon to stretch out my hip flexors and hopefully get my nice round butt back instead of my awkward squarish one I'm left with now. lol
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, sump squats, pile' hops, superman, you should check out jillianmichaels.com/shred for her online circuit training. It rocks!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges!!! :)
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, sump squats, pile' hops, superman, you should check out jillianmichaels.com/shred for her online circuit training. It rocks!

^^ this!
  • ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ever heard of 'run your butt off'? i do have a nice one, not small but nice. keep running!
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I know squats are great for the thighs and butt but I'm not sure what other workouts are good for it. I know BeachBody has a workout called Brazil Butt Lift or something like that.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, hip thrusts, romanian deadlifts, regular deadlifts,step ups, good mornings, back extensions, swiss ball leg cruls, kettlebell swing, glute bridges.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Someone had a post yesterday w/ some good pics from doing Butt Bible. Pics were great
  • mfpslash1313
    mfpslash1313 Posts: 33 Member
    Options