Need some new friends, to drop 100+ lbs and to gain confiden

Options
Let me introduce myself first!

Instead of giving you a complete story and having you read like a million and one pages, I'll just do the cliff notes version to save time

I was very athletic growing up. Starting center on the basketball team up until 7th grade when I was diagnosed with severe scoliosis. At 12 years old, I had two metal rods screwed to my spine which A.) Hindered my athleticism and B.) made me super lazy thus the pounds piled on.

At my heaviest, I was almost 400 lbs, but somehow I managed to still get the hot chicks in school/out of school. I'm now 24 years old and since January of 2011 I have lost 70+ lbs thanks to Phentermine. I really didn't watch my food intake or exercise at all, I just let this pill do the work for me and the weight flew off.

I'm now sitting at 298-300 depending on the day and my wife is almost half my size. Every time I look in the mirror, I'm pretty much disgusted with myself and all of that self-loathing that comes with the added weight.

Sunday, January 22nd, I'm starting to hit the gym every day after work. (Why not now, you ask - because I've given myself a set start date and a set finish date.) I'm following a workout regime by Kris Gethin and also following his diet plan.

Just looking for a few more people to kick me if I bail out now.

Replies

• ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Sent you the friend request, you can do this!!!
  • digitalmayhap
    digitalmayhap Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Accepted!

And thanks! All kinds of support are both appreciated/accepted
  • TomsFZ1
    TomsFZ1 Posts: 12
    Options
    We've got your back! Thanks for the friend request.

-Tom
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this sight and also looking to lose 100+ lbs. You can do it! Setting a date is a good idea. I had a health scare that really made me realize that I'm too young to feel this unhealthy. I've lost 12 lbs the past 2 months and 3 just in the past week using MyFitnessPal. I am looking to gain some friends on this sight for encouragement and someone who knows what it's like to be heavy but want to get healthy. We're all in this together!! :-)
  • digitalmayhap
    Options
    Thanks guys!

It's definitely good to know that people got your back, no matter what the situation is.
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! You can do it! :smile:
  • digitalmayhap
    Options
    Thanks!

I really appreciate everyone's support!
  • musicalivy
    Options
    Hello!

My name is Ivy, and I've just gotten on MFP myself (this past Sunday). This is a great sight and I have been so excited with all of the features and support on here already. I started dieting and exercising last April, and started at a weight of 195. I am now down to 152.8 as of today. I had been using Loseit.com, but my cousin got me on here last weekend and I switched. So glad I did.

Wow, what a goal for yourself. You can definitely do it! I'm here for you too! I am starting a new challenge group too if you'd like to join it. It will officially start this Sunday, waiting until then to get responses and people to join. It's under Motivation & Support Forum. Would be a great day for you to start, since that's when you are starting your regime. Go for it!