Hello

Hi I am Crystal. I am severely over weight and I just dont know what to do anymore. Anyone have some tips or anything please let me know

Replies

• Hi I am Crystal. I am severely over weight and I just dont know what to do anymore. Anyone have some tips or anything please let me know
  • Just take it a day at a time and a pound at a time. Don't be put off by time. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Hi Crystal!! first off hello and Welcome!! Its a hard road but we are all traveling it together. My best advice to you is to start slow and only set small goals at first. You'll see that if you stick with it they will be easy to reach and before you know it you'll have more confidence and be losing weight! For example I need to lose 70 lbs to reach a healthy weight wich seems like it will never happen so instead I say ok I want to lose 5 lbs in two weeks, then 5 or 6 more lbs in the next two weeks. Everytime I hit that goal I feel so good about myself and I want to keep going. If I don't hit my goal I'll give my self a few more days. YOU CAN DO IT TOO!! I promise! Start small, work hard and don't let failing get you down! We all over eat some days and we all get discouraged but don't beat yourself up over things like that because its like asking to fail! If you need any support, have questions or just want to vent, we are all here to help! :smile: Good luck to you and keep us all updated!!
  • Hi Crystal .... I'm Mags, I'm severly over weight too I'm 299.

I've been walking 2 miles a day, to be honest, I'm not tracking my calories yet, I'm more focused on moving, If you are like me, No movement and excersise.Try walking at least 10 mins a day, until you can walk at least 60 mins a day, and that will be a change.
  • For example I need to lose 70 lbs to reach a healthy weight wich seems like it will never happen so instead I say ok I want to lose 5 lbs in two weeks, then 5 or 6 more lbs in the next two weeks. Everytime I hit that goal I feel so good about myself and I want to keep going."

(this is my post not meant to be quoted:grumble: ) Thank You, your post has just reminded me that when I started again Jan 2nd of this year, I had set myself a goal to lose 6 lbs by February 1st. (I`d forgotten about this until I read your post btu I do have it written down in a journal)
    I have been frustrated of not seing the scale move downward even tough I have lost 9 inches total since the start...Well I started at 195 lbs, then seemed to be stuck at 193 lbs for the last few weeks and now that I have stayed consistent with my works outs and joined this board I am down 190 lbs...This means that by moving forward, one step at a time and keep plugging at it I only need to lose 1 lb in 8 days to meet my goal...Once again Thanks for the reminder that setting mini goals is a very good way to move forward.
  • I'm very discouraged right now because I really need someone to like work out with thats at the same level i am. someone to walk with or do some exercises with but ive sent out lots of ads and no one biting. its also hard to find people in my area.