Decide what you want to be and then Be It

Options

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    last word-

just read another post where some person ate a bunch of junk and went over on the calories and within seconds had several responses telling them that-

dont worry...
    tomorrow is another day...
    dont worry about it....
    tomorrow is another day

who came up with that tomorrow garbage.......the day isnt over yet...do something about it today...get off the computer and do something

Well guess what- all those tomorrows? they are not an endless supply
    have a nice day all,,,,tomorrow is now
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Yeah, true enough Dave-- but there are also several posts and threads with plenty of good natured kicks in the butts.... In the sit-up thread, for example-- they're all over-- so all is not lost. There will always be people who can't take the facts and want to be coddled and sugar coated-- can't take the responsibility for getting themselves out of the mess they found themselves in. Doesn't matter how/why we got where we are, what traumas/dramas we endured along the way in our past-- we are here, we're overweight and it's our job to figure out how to get it under control.

A kick in the butt doesn't have to be Marine drill sergeant, necessarily-- but the bottom line is exactly what you're saying-- don't wait till tomorrow, take care of it now. Ate junk? Okay, fine-- it happens. Go take a walk, get on your bike, go for a jog. But don't wait till tomorrow.

How many times have we all said, in the past, "Monday I'm going to start my diet," or January 1st?

Enough-- do it now, people-- okay, my last word, too--
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    last word-

just read another post where some person ate a bunch of junk and went over on the calories and within seconds had several responses telling them that-

dont worry...
    tomorrow is another day...
    dont worry about it....
    tomorrow is another day

who came up with that tomorrow garbage.......the day isnt over yet...do something about it today...get off the computer and do something

Well guess what- all those tomorrows? they are not an endless supply
    have a nice day all,,,,tomorrow is now

Tomorrow is now?? That means I'm late for my appointment! :wink:
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options
    That one girl who posted the NO EXCUSE thread caught slack too- Some people just can't handle the truth and want things sugar coated

Mmmmm.. sugar coating...

Ahem, uh, where was I.. Oh yeah: Interesting choice of words. :D

I couldn't agree more with this thread. People should post, "Boo hoo, I ate too much in a moment of weakness. Someone slap me around a little... when I get back from the gym." :D
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    Motivational Speech- Dave was that you as the Gunny?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFNeBRc7W7s&feature=related

warring this clip is not PG13 :noway:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    That one girl who posted the NO EXCUSE thread caught slack too- Some people just can't handle the truth and want things sugar coated

Mmmmm.. sugar coating...

Ahem, uh, where was I.. Oh yeah: Interesting choice of words. :D

I couldn't agree more with this thread. People should post, "Boo hoo, I ate too much in a moment of weakness. Someone slap me around a little... when I get back from the gym." :D

perfect and much shorter than my windy (gettin in shape) *kitten*.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,056 Member
    Options
    The definition of insanity:

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

...and.......if you have an opinion, Your Opinion Is Valid, always: for You.

Those who want to argue and argue, save yourself the grief. We all have our own opinions based on our life experience. Some of us don't suffer fools. Those same people probably think we are the fools. That's why I don't "Get" all the arguing here sometimes. State your point - move on.

(I'm talking about in general - not necessarily this topic only.)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    would you criticize and berate an individual suffering from Bulimia? How about Anorexia? No? Why not? They are eating disorders- PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS. everyone's intitled to an opinion but I must say I've never read something so demeaning. There are real people on this site struggling with binge eating. It has nothing to do with self control in many cases, it is an actual disorder. Let's NOT make those member feel like crap today.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    would you criticize and berate an individual suffering from Bulimia? How about Anorexia? No? Why not? They are eating disorders- PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS. everyone's intitled to an opinion but I must say I've never read something so demeaning. There are real people on this site struggling with binge eating. It has nothing to do with self control in many cases, it is an actual disorder. Let's NOT make those member feel like crap today.

:frown: I'm sorry, Kerri, which part of my post upset you? That wasn't my intent. I merely meant that we all have different life expereinces.

The original "saying" (about insanity) is a very common one in theraputic settings such as treatment for eating disorders, or alcoholism.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

:frown: I'm sorry, Kerri, which part of my post upset you? That wasn't my intent. I merely meant that we all have different life expereinces.

The original "saying" (about insanity) is a very common one in theraputic settings such as treatment for eating disorders, or alcoholism.

lol, not your post. just this thread in general. I understand that many people do whine and complain "ohhhhhhh I ate this cookie, I'm so bad" ya, that's annoying, but there are also members that are genuinely trying to overcome compulsive and binge eating which ARE disorders. I think it's sad that some of them are bound to read this thread. I've never been a binge eater but I can only imagine how it would feel to be spoken of this way.
  • cmriverside
    Options

okay, got ya.

lol, not your post. just this thread in general. I understand that many people do whine and complain "ohhhhhhh I ate this cookie, I'm so bad" ya, that's annoying, but there are also members that are genuinely trying to overcome compulsive and binge eating which ARE disorders. I think it's sad that some of them are bound to read this thread. I've never been a binge eater but I can only imagine how it would feel to be spoken of this way.
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options

I agree with Kerri. There are definitely bound to be some MFP members dealing with disorders. It's not always a battle of will power or laziness.
  • Marla64
    Options
    I don't know-- I just re-read the original post here-- I adore it. Call me kooky.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I guess others didn't because Dave was suspended for 7 days.

It's a shame someone can't express their opinions without getting into trouble even if those opinions aren't exactly "PC".

Oh well! :ohwell:
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options

It's a shame someone can't express their opinions without getting into trouble even if those opinions aren't exactly "PC".

Oh well! ohwell

That is a shame :grumble: , his opinion is as valid as that of anybody else.

It's too bad people can't just read it, think to themselves "I disagree', and move on!
  • Marla64
    Options

Oh well! :ohwell:

Wow-- :noway:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Which was totally my point above. :grumble:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    "My Sympathy Pal" :laugh: I love it!
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options

Oh well! ohwell

That is a shame :grumble: , his opinion is as valid as that of anybody else.

It's too bad people can't just read it, think to themselves "I disagree', and move on!

I think suspension is going a little far.

I definitely understand his point, and am also sick of the 'I ate a cookie, oh no, the world is going to end and I will forever be fat' posts... I don't disagree with Dave, I just realize that there is often more than one reason for issues involving weight loss and don't think a blanketed statement like "you're lazy and lack willpower" is very productive. Besides, I thought the point of a forum was to discuss topics and learn different views.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I don't think it was just this post but more the letter on the "therapy letter" thread. I don't know.