2 hour class and need for weight loss shakes?

Options
hi everyone. from my research there is alot of back and forth regarding if post-recovery shakes are really needed. i generally do 2 back to back classes at my gym of usually kickboxing + zumba or step + zumba and both classes are 1 hour each. when i do the body pump class i usually do this 1 hour class by itself. would i likely need a post recovery shake? i'm lactose intolerant, so i was thinking of either drinking soy chocolate milk or lactaid chocolate milk after the classes. and cheese + apple and peanut butter prior to the classes. any thoughts on this? my goal is to lose inches, lose fat, and lose weight. i usually do body pump twice/week. thanks for any insight.

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    no...no need...just eat good...get adequate protein and fat throughout the day
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Assuming you are eating food sometime between the end of your two classes and the beginning of your next session (which I assume is the following day), then I wouldn't bother.

Glycogen replenishment will happen on it's own from your food and there's no reason to try and force the issue unless you're under a time restriction that requires rapid replenishment.
  • glamchic99
    glamchic99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thanks for the feedback!!