I Quit

Options
2»

Replies

• lyndsei
    lyndsei Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just quit in November!!! yay! Congrats on one of the best choices that you will ever make in your LIFE. I am so happy that I did :) I gaine about 15lbs though, but now it is easier for me to work out for longer at the gym with out getting out of breath so soon into an hour routine :) Good luck and keep up the good work!!!!!!!
  • lyndsei
    lyndsei Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I used the patch since last week and now not using anything. Doing great! I chewed on alot of straws and pen caps!!! LOL
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
    Healthy day to you :flowerforyou:
  • sixxfan4ever
    sixxfan4ever Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I used the nicotine gum. That eventually was turned into regular gum when I had a urge. I use regular gum now to this day when I am in a need for a cigerette but dont want to start back up. One thing you have to remember though while quitting. YOU have to want to quit. Dont quit for any other reason, because it wont work then. Its proven. Good luck! I smoked for 10 years, quit for almost 10, then stupidly started up again three years ago for six months and been smoke free again for almost two years.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I kept a list of all the reasons I wanted to quit and kept it with me, always. When a craving struck, I would look at the list. I also seriously threw myself in to exercise. I needed to replace my triggers for smoking with something else (used to smoke when I was bored, sad, mad, etc)....so I turned to exercise. Instead of reaching for a cigarette when I had my triggers, I would exercise instead. That will help with any weight gain. I quit cold turkey, and it worked for me after a 16 year, pack a day habit.