Just got my first Food Scale

Options
If anyone told me a month ago I would be buying a food scale, I would have told them they're crazy! But I was delighted when I received my wee scale yesterday. It was a mixed blessing though, as some of the food portions were larger than I counted but some were smaller. It is cool and so far has helped me with portion control and it keeps me occupied while preparing meals. It's fun too, I am weighting everything . . .well except me -- don't want to break it!

Replies

• suindamach
    suindamach Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Stewart! I bought a food scale a few months back. It really comes in handy when the serving size is in ounces. Have fun!!
  • iluvchad4
    iluvchad4 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I bought a digital one two weeks ago!!! Luv it & it was features on Dr. Oz yesterday!!!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    When Im creating recipes, I want exact amounts and the only way to do that is with a food-scale! It definitely is a great tool to have!
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I bought a cheap one at walmart before I started my diet, it isn't the best but it does the job right now. Most of my food measures by teaspoons, tablespoons, and cups. Anybody have any suggestions on a good digital food scale?
  • cramernh
    Options
    I bought a cheap one at walmart before I started my diet, it isn't the best but it does the job right now. Most of my food measures by teaspoons, tablespoons, and cups. Anybody have any suggestions on a good digital food scale?

Honestly, I would venture over to Amazon.com and check out what they have.. you can get customer reviews and product reviews on each product's page... Love love love Amazon for that!~
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Cool........I've been wanting to buy one, but have NO clue what a good one is like! Can those who own a good, fairly-reasonably priced one post some details? I'm NOT a WalMart shopper, so won't go there................
  • gatecityradio
    Options

Honestly, I would venture over to Amazon.com and check out what they have.. you can get customer reviews and product reviews on each product's page... Love love love Amazon for that!~

I jumped right on amazon and ebay right after I posted haha.

I'm thinking about getting this one : http://www.amazon.com/iFits-Digital-Kitchen-Scale-EK3450/dp/B003BKT3L8/ref=pd_sbs_k_6
  • cramernh
    Options

I jumped right on amazon and ebay right after I posted haha.

I'm thinking about getting this one : http://www.amazon.com/iFits-Digital-Kitchen-Scale-EK3450/dp/B003BKT3L8/ref=pd_sbs_k_6

GMTA!!!!!! LOL!~

That is an excellent model... multifunctional and multipurpose... that would actually be perfect when you are doing bulk prep of garden vegetables, say.... for making a primavera...

hmmmmm, this could be a great replacement for the one I have actually.... the plate keeps coming off the platform despite attempts at gluing it back into place...
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My food scale is prob the one of the best tools I have in helping on this journey. I always use weight now to measure my portions which is a real eye opener!
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I got a great one for free on freecycles forever ago and just got myself a fantastic one from christmas tree shops for $15 and the digital portion is wireless and will come off the weighing plate.
  • Bean615
    Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i got one for $20 a few months ago and let me tell you what a difference it has made in my life! u dont really understand portion sizes until you start weighing everything out! the results were so great!!