Are you Surprised?

Replies

• Specializedbkh
    Specializedbkh Posts: 22 Member
    Well, I certainly don't eat like that.. but often worry about developing diabetes myself.

I think it's sad, but at the same time... no, I'm not really surprised.
    I am however, disappointed that she's getting all this publicity.. I think if anything, the media should be saying "Eat like this, deal with the consequences." And not talking about how she's just reaping in benefits from this diabetes medication company..
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    I'm not surprised one bit!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    I think this is a case of some greedy true colors showing.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Her son has a new show on the Cooking Channel that shows how to cook healthily. I think he's got it figured out. He was cooking with her not long ago on her show and she said that he likes his food more healthy and I felt that it seemed kind of snide the way she said it. (this as before the news came out.) It's her life and her health and I understand that she wants privacy trying to deal with it for a while. I am appalled at the fact that she has stated that she is going to continue to eat the same way she always had just with moderation and that she is using the treadmill more. She is not responsible for other people's decisions but she has set herself up as a national icon fas a lifestyle model for Southern women in many ways. Her brand makes a lot of money selling a way of life that has proven to be unhealthy for her and I would have hoped that she would be more responsilbe for her own health and the example she gives others. Taking medicine is just not enough. Eating smaller portions is just not enough. She truly has to make some big changes to get healthy. I like Paula and I love the few foods that I've tried from her cookbook but I only cook them when they are going to be eatien by a lot of people at a family potluck so that the calories can be spead out over a lot of people. I would loveto see she update the recipies that she makes to have them be as healthy as they can while still being good sothern comfort (once in a while) foods.