protein powder...biggest loser

Options
molsongirl
molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
Can anyone tell me the name of the protein powder that Bob on the biggest loser promotes, i've been googling this for a good 15 minutes, and i'm getting nothing! :sad:

Replies

• molsongirl
    Options
    Can anyone tell me the name of the protein powder that Bob on the biggest loser promotes, i've been googling this for a good 15 minutes, and i'm getting nothing! :sad:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

you'll get nothing and like it
  • molsongirl
    Options
    booooooo......u suck :laugh:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I think it is in a container that says Biggest Loser, if I remember correctly from seeing it on the show a couple of times. You could probably find it at the NBC/Biggest Loser website, they have a store.
  • molsongirl
    Options
    I think it is in a container that says Biggest Loser, if I remember correctly from seeing it on the show a couple of times. You could probably find it at the NBC/Biggest Loser website, they have a store.

i'm gonna check that out now, thanks :happy:
  • molsongirl
    Options
    yay, I found it! :laugh: boo, they don't deliver here! :sad:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

TOLD YA..neener:laugh:
  • molsongirl
    Options

TOLD YA..neener:laugh:

:laugh: ...ya ya ya.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    what percentage of protein is in the powder? is it in the 90-100% range? or does it have a lot of filler in it it?
  • molsongirl
    Options
    It contains 8grams of Whey Protein Isolate per serving with 6grams of Prebiotc fiber to help curb hunger. Low in calories with only 40 caloreis per serving and 0grams of fat. Calcium has been addded for to aid in fat loss and bone health. This should make you feel full for a longer time period. The drink includes many flavors including, chocolate fiber and other sources of good nutrition plus a chocolate flavor, giving the dieter an easy quick fix to their hunger.

This is all the info that the site had.....I have no clue if this is a good product or not, i'm new to the protein powder thing. But I can't buy it here anyway, so i'll have to find something else.:angry:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    GNC sells that

Designer Whey® The Biggest Loser Protein - Red Raspberry
    8 Packet(s)
    Regular Price: $11.99
    Sale Price: $9.99
    Gold Card Price: $7.99
    Free Shipping with $75 purchase**

The Biggest Loser Protein - Chocolate Deluxe
    10 oz(s)
    Regular Price: $15.99
    Sale Price: $13.99
    Gold Card Price: $11.19

The Biggest Loser Protein - Vanilla Bean
    10 oz(s)

The Biggest Loser Protein - Red Raspberry
    10 oz.

Designer Whey® The Biggest Loser Protein - Blue Blueberry
    8 Packet(s)
    Regular Price: $11.99
    Sale Price: $9.99
    Gold Card Price: $7.99

The Biggest Loser Protein - Blue Blueberry
    10 oz.
    Free Shipping with $75 purchase
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    see if they have MRM Whey up thataway...good clean stuff...18 g of protein,,,,no added sugar,,,87 cals and mixes well and tastes great
    I use the vanilla and the dutch chocolate

I put it in oatmeal
    milk
    water and blueberries and ice
    straight up also ...as in like dry kool aid,,,,yummy fuel
  • BxMom
    Options
    see if they have MRM Whey up thataway...good clean stuff...18 g of protein,,,,no added sugar,,,87 cals and mixes well and tastes great
    I use the vanilla and the dutch chocolate

I put it in oatmeal
    milk
    water and blueberries and ice
    straight up also ...as in like dry kool aid,,,,yummy fuel

Does it go by any other name?
  • Live4Adonai
    Options
    Just FYI ..... I've been using Herbalife Personal Protein Powder.

Here's the link to the label.
    https://www.myherbalife.com/US/en/pdf/catalog/L0194US-45-02_VP1[1].pdf

I use it, and I've been successful with it. So far (though I haven't updated I've lost about 6 lbs...it helps me with feeling satisfied.
  • molsongirl
    Options
    Thanks guys! One more question. When exactly after your workout is the protein most beneficial? is it 1/2 hour, an hour? I have no clue, and i'm too tired now to google, I need to go to bed, I have a 5:30 yoga class, and it already..oh wow...1:12..yikes!
  • BxMom
    Options
    Thanks guys! One more question. When exactly after your workout is the protein most beneficial? is it 1/2 hour, an hour? I have no clue, and i'm too tired now to google, I need to go to bed, I have a 5:30 yoga class, and it already..oh wow...1:12..yikes!

I have been told the as soon as possible after your work out.
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i use stuff off e-bay...maximuscle..nana flavour x
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

Within 30 minutes. Don't forget the carbohydrates, too--they're just as important for glycogen replenishment and need to be re-fed for a couple meals after your workout as well.
  • Corsira
    Corsira Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wait an hour for eating anything after. My brother did alot of research into the timing and that is what he came out with. However your vitimins you should take rigth afterwards. So it you mix a little whey with low fat milk then drink it right after. The important thing to remember is up to an hour after you work out what ever you put in your mouth gets stored. My brother calls it the give me mode.
  • molsongirl
    Options
    ok, so I just had an appointment with my personal trainer and my dietician, I was informed that i'm wasting my money on any kind of protein pwders, that it's a scam, most people who work out for fitness do not need them, I was told that chocolate milk, with a scoop of whey powder, if I wanted, but don't really need to add it, along with rice chek's?sp?..i've never heard of this stuff, is more than adequate for a gym rat like myself....anyone have any thoughts on this?? I work out on average three hours a day, 2 of it being different forms of cardio/plyometrics and at least an hour of heavy weights each day working different body groups. The dietician in specific, said unless I was marathon training or competing on an olympic level, protein shakes are not required....so now i'm confused :grumble: :frown: