Courage & Determination

Options
Sheri4MS
Sheri4MS Posts: 87 Member
As some of you know, I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and am very committed to being as strong and healthy for as long as I can. I was diagnosed in 2001, I was so afraid that my life as I knew it was over.

During my first steroid treatment I met a Susie, she is one of the most amazing persons I have ever met. She encouraged me not to be afraid to take the medications and to live my life with no regrets. I have done just that, and my life has been so much better than I ever imagined it could be. I saw Susie today, and although her head is the only thing she is able to move now. Her mind is as sharp as a tack, and her smile still radiates a room. She truly inspires me to be all that I can be.:smile::smile:

In appreciation for how well I am doing and for all the wonderful love and support I receive from my family and friends, I have been giving back. Being an advocate to and for others.

Each year it seems I dream bigger. I have set a goal to do an MS event in all 50 states by the year 2020, this may be a walk event, bike event or speaking engagement. By the end of this year I will have 12 states done, with 7 MS Bike Events being completed this year alone. I don't go FAST, just FAR with my message of hope.

FL - Feb / TX - Apr / MN / CO - June / ND - July / ID - Aug / SD - Sep

I came to my fitness pal for assistance on my eating habits, patterns and choices. It has been extremely helpful for me. I believe one can do just about anything with courage and determination. Keep up the great work everyone.:flowerforyou:

www.Sheri4MS.com/

Replies

• Sheri4MS
    Options
    As some of you know, I have Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and am very committed to being as strong and healthy for as long as I can. I was diagnosed in 2001, I was so afraid that my life as I knew it was over.

During my first steroid treatment I met a Susie, she is one of the most amazing persons I have ever met. She encouraged me not to be afraid to take the medications and to live my life with no regrets. I have done just that, and my life has been so much better than I ever imagined it could be. I saw Susie today, and although her head is the only thing she is able to move now. Her mind is as sharp as a tack, and her smile still radiates a room. She truly inspires me to be all that I can be.:smile::smile:

In appreciation for how well I am doing and for all the wonderful love and support I receive from my family and friends, I have been giving back. Being an advocate to and for others.

Each year it seems I dream bigger. I have set a goal to do an MS event in all 50 states by the year 2020, this may be a walk event, bike event or speaking engagement. By the end of this year I will have 12 states done, with 7 MS Bike Events being completed this year alone. I don't go FAST, just FAR with my message of hope.

FL - Feb / TX - Apr / MN / CO - June / ND - July / ID - Aug / SD - Sep

I came to my fitness pal for assistance on my eating habits, patterns and choices. It has been extremely helpful for me. I believe one can do just about anything with courage and determination. Keep up the great work everyone.:flowerforyou:

www.Sheri4MS.com/
  • ilovepink
    Options
    You are an inspiration and I am really glad I read this post. Sometimes I get so bogged down with my insignificant worries and here you are battling this disease and doing it with so much determination and positivity. Keep living your life to the fullest and giving back. You are truly an inspiration.
    xo
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Wow... I feel amazed at the sight of all that you have done so far. I think that it is awesome that you have devoted so much time to be an advocate for all who suffer from MS! And just like you find Susie to be an inspiration, I'm sure that there have been more people than you could ever imagine who think of you in the same way... Although I don't know what it's like to walk even two steps in your shoes, I thank you for all that you have done for people who do have MS.:flowerforyou:
  • Sheri4MS
    Options
    Thank you both for your kind and supporting words.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    that is so awesome.
  • lanasgurl
    lanasgurl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Sheri, thank you so much for being a fighter and being willing to talk about this silent disease. I was recently (Jan 2008) diagnosed with MS also. I started the Copaxone injections but opted out of the torture of the daily injections after the first month. What type of treatment are you on? I am having a hard time finding anyone in my area to support instead of pushing or maybe I just wasnt ready to listen. Anyway, I am walking in the Fort Smith Arkansas walk May 09 and hope to be healthy enough by next year to participate in one of the bike events. Again, thank you so much for being a strong advocate for those who are not physically or emotionally able.
  • Sheri4MS
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis and that the copaxone was not working for you. Hopefully very soon there will be a therapy available via a pill. It is currently in the trial stages and sounds like it is getting close.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!