Fast Food for Lunch Ideas

Options
Most of the time, I go grab a little something at lunch with my friends. When I add it up on MFP, I almost faint sometimes. Anybody got any favorite fast food places and what item(s) you like to get that are even halfway good for you? So far, Captain D's is good for me. I can get Talapia on rice with green beans and broccoli and come out pretty good. I give that wonderful peice of bread to my friend. Would love more suggestions!

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Where I wouldnt even dream of touching fast-food, period: thats going to depend on availability of businesses....

If you are looking for options, use www.calorieking.com as they have chain restaurants listed for nutritional information.
  • annstimmel
    Options
    Jimmy John's unwiches! Some of them are as low as 80cal. My favorite is the huntsman though, which is around 250. ...resist the cookies. Dag, their cookies are delicious.....
  • mung222
    mung222 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wendy's dollar menu: Baked potato and chilli. Then put the chilli on the baked potato. YUM!
  • Steph62002
    Options
    Subway or Chick Fil A are my favorites. There are quite a few low calorie options out there now, but still very high in sodium!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    When ever I eat fast food I always divide my meal in half.. and that helps with the calories I find.

I also never drink soda and always get tea or water.
  • Crys1209
    Crys1209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I would say Subway has to be one of the healthiest as long as you do it the right way and they usually have the calories of their healthiest sandwiches listed.
  • wonderific
    Options
    Wendy's baked potato with 1 butter and 1 sour cream (optional) with a side salad w/ lite dressing no croutons. That's my go-to quick lunch. Other than that I go for a 6 inch subway sandwich veggie on wheat with lite mayo no cheese.
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    I second Wendy's chili with baked potato, or even baked potato with side salad. I also do Chick Fil A with grill chicken sandwich and a side a fruit. Honestly my FAVORITE is Jason's Deli. I don't know if you have any where you are from but that place is awesome! I plan ahead, and find that is what helps the most!
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    taco bell has a diet menu. one fresco taco for 150cals.
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
  • jdaddy615
    Options
    prepare a weeks worth of lunches on sunday. baked chicken and broccoli are great ideas. Then throw it in the microwave for 2 minutes and eat...now that's fast food! Plus you save money on eating out
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Panera bread - though it doesn't have a drive thru, you can usually order pretty quick to go. They have a lot of healthy choices too!!
  • lulu_beans
    lulu_beans Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    We eat a lot of Wendy's chili when we hit fast food for lunch, but you have to watch the sodium. Subway has the same problem, lots of sodium :(
  • andreacord
    Options
    If I really have to , I hit up subway and have a veggie sub.. Or a small chili at wendy's too. They have salads that are decent too but you have to be careful with what you order for sure.
  • nlewis22
    nlewis22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1) I highly recommend the book "Eat This, Not That!" It's basiclly a list of all fast food places and gives their best and worst options.
    2) I'm a meat eater, so I go for the bunless cheeseburger and a side salad. Put the burger on the salad and voila, cheeseburger salad! At Burger King I get a Whopper with cheese, no bun, no ketchup put it on a plain side salad (no dressing/ croutons) and it's 420 calories. Delish!
    Days that I go refined carb free I totally notice a difference in how I feel and I generally lose weight on those days too. I eat all the fruits & veggies that I want along w/ meat and cheese/ dairy, just very very little bread/ rice/grains/potatoes/ corn. It's working so far.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, I go grab a little something at lunch with my friends. When I add it up on MFP, I almost faint sometimes. Anybody got any favorite fast food places and what item(s) you like to get that are even halfway good for you? So far, Captain D's is good for me. I can get Talapia on rice with green beans and broccoli and come out pretty good. I give that wonderful peice of bread to my friend. Would love more suggestions!
    None of those places are any fun eating healthy stuff while all your friends are binging away on fabulous foods.
    No, when I go out, I eat the tasty stuff which is why I pack my lunch most days.

No thanks! Go without me.
    You might have a stronger will than I.

I just can't do that.
  • pam_williams
    pam_williams Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    McAlisters Deli has some great options under 500 calories. Today I had a grilled chicken spud and chicken tortilla soup for 429 calories. Put the soup on the potato for extra flavor.
  • katiejneely
    Options
    Wendy's dollar menu: Baked potato and chilli. Then put the chilli on the baked potato. YUM!

YES! That is what I had today. Only I ate half and will eat the other half tomorrow for lunch! Delicious!
  • kugagirl
    Options
    Chick Fil A Chargrilled chicken sandwich is good with their side salad. Also Wendy's chili poured over their side salad is great and quite filling - you dont need dressing. I use a little hot sauce packet. Arby's small roast beef isnt too bad either. Hope this helps!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I just had two Taco Bell Fresco Chicken Soft Tacos for 150 calories each. But drink a ton of water cuz the sodium is crazy! Definately would not do that everyday.