Losing weight before starting a family

Options
Hi all,

I'm new here! I'm here because my hubby and I are hoping to start our family before long but ... I have a few pounds to lose before we start trying. I'm about 10 - 15 pounds heavier than I'd like to be, I've tried all sorts of diets and exercise regimes to lose it, and will do great for a couple of weeks, and then lose the plot and put it all back on again. I'm hoping that this time, I can build some good habits and stop the yo-you weight loss and gain happening!

Replies

• rubytuesday
    rubytuesday Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm new here! I'm here because my hubby and I are hoping to start our family before long but ... I have a few pounds to lose before we start trying. I'm about 10 - 15 pounds heavier than I'd like to be, I've tried all sorts of diets and exercise regimes to lose it, and will do great for a couple of weeks, and then lose the plot and put it all back on again. I'm hoping that this time, I can build some good habits and stop the yo-you weight loss and gain happening!
  • ilovepink
    Options
    Welcome! I'm the same - trying to lose weight before getting pregnant. The last thing I want is people wondering "is she pregnant... or just fat?"
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! I hope you are both able to meet all of your fitness goals! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::smile: :smile: :smile:
  • rubytuesday
    rubytuesday Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm the same - trying to lose weight before getting pregnant. The last thing I want is people wondering "is she pregnant... or just fat?"
    I know just what you mean! I'm worried I might have trouble conceiving and with the pregnancy if I don't lose a little bit beforehand too. Good luck with your weight loss!!