just took my "before" pics.....YUCK!

Options

Replies

• let that thought fuel you to get to your goal. Let it be fire in your belly!!
  • LauraLovesCamp
    Options
    Before pictures are important. When you're weight is down you'll be glad (and crazy proud) of what you've accomplished. But in addition to before pictures put up a "goal" picture. I took a picture of Jennifer Love Hewett out of a magazine and put my face on it. Stuck it to my fridge. Seemed so much more possible. Keep it positive.
  • erinl84
    erinl84 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    wow, im new to this site so havent posted much and i am so happy at all the responses and words of encouragement i have received. thank you everyone! it really means a lot and gets me so pumped up to really make things happen this time :)
  • erinl84
    Options
    yes i took measurements...well my hubby did them for me. i was very embarassed but im lucky he is happy with me the way i look right now. it can only get better....
  • chocolatefreak
    Options
    im in the same boat, i just started this week and am yet to take those dreaded pics!!
  • trishaacm
    trishaacm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to psych myself up to do it... haven't quite gotten there yet...
  • Christinesyear
    Christinesyear Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It's a fantastic motivator! Good for you for taking before pics! THIS time, I did take before pics so I can remind myself not to be THAT before again. Go YOU!
  • Schrunda37
    Options
    I can feel your pain..I saw pics of myself for New Year's eyes. I was floored trying to figure out who the fat woman wearing my outfit was....lol. I am very happy to be starting my journey, as wall as a little impatient. I think we will do fine. It does take a lot of will power and determination. With time we can do this. we didn't become overweight overnight, and we won't lose it overnight. Good luck to you on your journey.
  • lynz507
    Options
    I took my before pics the last week of December when I decided I was going to actually use mfp. I took 3 pics and taped them to the back of my bedroom door so I would have the visual motivation from the second I stepped out of my room each morning. I took a second set of pics last weekend (3 weeks later) and there was some change. That was a good feeling. I also did measurements; I can't wait to see the inches come off too. YOU will be able to look back at the pics and feel good about what you have accomplished.
  • mdollian
    mdollian Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT !! , PICTURES IN THE BEGINNING ARE OUR WORST ENEMIES lol Your beautiful either way !!
  • trishaacm
    trishaacm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I so feel the same way... I mean you kinda notice your getting chunkier and then one day I look in the mirror and it's like WHOLLY CRAP! where did all that come from?!
  • erinl84
    Options
    thanks for all the kind words. it really is good motivation. i feel like im doing pretty good for week 1 with eating good and excercising every day but not feeling any different. i am the most impatient person and i know its not going to come off over night but im hoping to lose at least a pound in my first week!
  • shipwreck3
    Options
    Take one day at a time, and just focus on getting through that day. Every journey began with a single step.. U can do this. I am taking a picture and weighing in each week to keep me accountable. I dont take those half dressed photos..I am too modest for all that, but something to keep me on track. I think its great your hubby is supporting u.
  • Bjfavara
    Bjfavara Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't even recognize myself!
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've only lost about 5 pounds since I started this, but I did a crazy workout this weekend and someone posted the pictures of me. I hated them. While I was all proud that I was doing it, I see myself in all my sweaty, gut hanging over my workout pants glory and I was so upset. So if I can see those and push myself to not ever look like that again, you can do it too!
  • rochey1098
    Options
    Use that energy to achieve what you want from life
  • gailashton
    Options
    That's the same thing that happened to me. It's been 9 months now and I'm only 9 pounds away from my goal. I never thought I could achieve this. If I can do it you can do it. I felt the same way. Now I can't wait to exercise. I'm commited to logging my food and love all the support I have her. You've made the first step, now lets get at it! Step feeling bad about it and JUST DO IT!
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    We all start somewhere and speaking for myself was disgusted where I was and finally decided to do something about it. Step one, Check. Keep going.
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Me too! Mine are HORRIFIC!! I was in shock. I thought I was still a little sexy but booooy was I wrong!! I want this weight off YESTERDAY!
  • jlcarnes
    Options
    BE PATIENT!!! I started just before the holidays and it took a few weeks before I actually watched the scales finally move. I'm almost 40 and I've heard people say it can take longer to get your body to drop weight, but it does happen! I'm 8.4lbs down, but not without a lot of exercise and eating right!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!