Why cant I loose weight or inches ???????

Options
2»

Replies

• Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Your calories are all over the place for even just the week. Try going by the recommended settings and keep it even for awhile and see how your body adjusts.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    You need more fooooooood!!

Also there is not metabolic advantage to breakfast, so you don't have to force yourself to eat if you don't want to. (I do because I wake up huuuuuunnnngry!)

But yea, more food.

Read this:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

big deficits and lots of activity won't help you get to your goals.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat more. I can't believe you can function on so little food, I would be constantly starving (maybe that's just me). Some days you're quite a way under the magic 1200 - maybe try eating a few different things as well, mix it up a bit?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Not here to argue and tell you my advice is the absolute right way to go. I believe I said it worked for me. I absolutely believe breakfast is important in my opinion. No need for rudeness from people who joined on "Jul 2011".

It wasn't rudeness. It was honesty.

To the OP: basically, eat more.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    you definitely need to add more fresh whole foods into your diet! FRUITS AND VEGETABLES!

also add more variety - eggs, chicken, turkey, yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts

if you are logging everything accurately and correctly you are not getting enough calories. Eat! If breakfast is not your thing....how about a mid morning protein shake or smoothie?
  • shelley234
    shelley234 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I thought I was doing the right thing by not eating too much, but everyone saying eat more omg It defo not the right thing lol. :laugh: :laugh:

Well thats me as from tomorow eating more foooooooooooood.

It seems a bit weired to eat more to lose weight.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I thought I was doing the right thing by not eating too much, but everyone saying eat more omg It defo not the right thing lol. :laugh: :laugh:

It might sound weird but it works. :smile:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hi i have just logged back in after a while off, i have been eating healthy apart from over the xmas lol. Also i have been exercising a lot. But for some reason im no dropping any weight or inches. Any advice would be greatfull.

My basic daily food

breakfast no hungry a lot of the time but when I do its 2 bits of toast and coffee or weetabix.

Lunch veg soup or sandwich

Dinner grilled chicken salad

Snacks fruit or snack bar

Excersise
    Mon jogging at least half hour
    Wed 2 exercise classes
    Thur jogging at least half hour (not every week)
    Sat 1 exercise class

Well, from your minimalst diet at 1200 or below calories, and exercising and not eating many of your calories back, I'd suggest your body has gotten real good at working with less food and slowed the metabolism down real well.

MFP is going to suggest a decent healthy BMR that your height/weight should probably have.
    Unless there is a real medical reason why, the reason you would not be at that healthy BMR is because you have less muscle than the avg's the calculations are based on, or you have slowed your metabolism down because of eating so little.

What did MFP really show as BMR and maintenance calories for your stats and selection of activity level?
    Did you manually set 1200?
  • elder4
    elder4 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I totally feel you!!! I thought I was doing great because I was eating my 1200 calories and then working out (600-800 cals a day) but havent budged (or even gone up by up to a lb) in a month. Luckily for me one of my best friends is a dieticion so I asked her to take a look at things for me. She told me the same thing. I am not eating enough and my body is in starvation mode. Most would be happy to be told eat more but I am a little nervous. Im giving it a shot though..... Here we go!!! Good luck to you!
  • shelley234
    shelley234 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yeh me too elder4 Im going to try eating more lets see how we go, let me know how you get on good luck.

Am I right in saying your ment to eat as much cals as you are working off with exercise and your daily 1200 cals ????

I cant get my head round it, I dont think I will be able to eat that much with out making my self sick..
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Yeh me too elder4 Im going to try eating more lets see how we go, let me know how you get on good luck.

Am I right in saying your ment to eat as much cals as you are working off with exercise and your daily 1200 cals ????

I cant get my head round it, I dont think I will be able to eat that much with out making my self sick..

If you followed MFP's suggestions, and selected weight loss and not just maintain weight, there is a deficit between the calculated maintenance calories, and your goal calories.

Exercise never entered the equation. So if you burn some, you should eat some. Otherwise, this exercise which could also make you stronger and improve muscle usage, won't be fed to do so.

If you don't, you could in effect not even be eating enough calories to match your BMR, which is your basic foundation need to grow hair/nails/skin, fight off infection, feed the brain, ect.

If you go below what your body should need to function while sleeping, then your body will adjust to meet that new lower level.
    do you really want a slower metabolism, and more and more restrictive diet?
    or faster metabolism because your exercise is improving your body, allowing you to actually eat and enjoy more.

Eat a snack before and after workouts, and get accurate estimates of calorie burn. And no the machine is not accurate if it only asked for weight. Or worse, you hopped on and didn't enter any info.
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    Not here to argue and tell you my advice is the absolute right way to go. I believe I said it worked for me. I absolutely believe breakfast is important in my opinion. No need for rudeness from people who joined on "Jul 2011".

• LJC44
    Options
    I also advise to eat more food. you could try spacing out your meals to every 2-4 hours. It doesn't hurt to experiement with different methods. Once again, this is what helped me personally :) I lost many inches this way! (Including exercise of course!)
  • LJC44
    Options

These posts are not to shut down what others say. They are to offer advice and what has helped them.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I joined in May of 2011, so I think I have some cred :drinker:

If you have soup daily, soup has high sodium unless you make it yourself. A lot of meats have high sodium as well.... You may want to watch overall sodium intake, as that can affect you.

Bloatedness can come from wheat insensitivity or lactose intolerance as well...